Would you commute an hour to a job you wanted? - Page 6Register Today!
- Oct 15 by GrnTeaQuote from Blondenurse83I commute an hour each way and live in an area with snowy winters. It isn't so bad, worth it if it's a job you'd like! I work nights so my drive home can be rough but it's definitely doable.
Me too, I did that for years. Of course it's doable. And better for your head. And you can listen to NPR on the commute and learn a lot of neat stuff.
- Oct 15 by HappyWife77I took a dream job♥ with great pay and hours I wanted, an hour commute. In the north with bad winters. I just bought a new AWD/4WD....and hope for the best. I am very happy. Somedays are rough....when I get out late I don't feel like having to drive so far but at least I'm comfortable in the luxury ride. ;-)
- Oct 15 by Not_A_Hat_PersonOne of my home health clients is a 90-minute drive one way. I'm thinking of dropping the case because I'm not very good at waking up at 5 am.
- Oct 16 by P90X3_ProIf you're realy not happy in your currrent job then it should be an easy choice to make. Life is to short to be unhappy, take the other job and be happy. Good Luck...
- Oct 16 by RensoulCurrently I live 2 hours from the my job. I don't commute daily though and have an apartment within 5 minutes of the hospital (Long story). If I could have an hour commute it would be pushing it IMHO. There are days I do well to stay awake an hour after I get home much less drive.
What are the chances of you moving closer to the job? Do you know anyone else that works there that you might be able to crash with if you had a bad day? What are their scheduling policies, & what are your scheduling expectations?
- Oct 17 by SoCalGalRNI have a three hour round trip commute for a job I hate. So, yes.
- Oct 17 by BiffbradfordI was driving an hour each way for 12 hour night shifts. I would fall asleep behind the wheel EVERY DAY coming home. I had to quit. I did not want become another one of THOSE news stories.
- Oct 17 by proud nurseI had a job for 7 years that only took me 6 minutes to get to. That was nice, but I hated that place. Now I drive about 25 minutes for I job I love. I pass 3 hospitals on my way. I've never considered applying to them because I really like where I work. 45 minutes would be the most I'd commute.
- Oct 17 by nursel56Yes. I've done that for two jobs. The particular facilities were really superior so it was well worth it to me.