I'm just curious on what you guys are using for your physical assessment. I would always hear this debate on which penlight is better and sometimes they make comments that the other is actually harmful.
1. Better visualization of colors when assessing body tissues. (e.g. throat, eyes, etc.)
2. Not harmful when used repeatedly in the eye.
3. Drains the battery faster.
4. Bulb gets busted easily when dropped.
1. Inaccurate color rendition especially in body tissues. (e.g. can't tell if jaundice or degree of erythema)
2. Some says ( I actually have not researched if there is ) that it is harmful if repeatedly used in the eyes.
3. Battery life longer.
4. Bulb won't break unless you hammer it.
Personally I am using the Incandescent one because I bought it cheap from Energizer.