Thinking out of the box. . . .
Here's a few examples of what's been done over the years:
1) The founder of this Bulletin Board, Brian (sorry, don't know your last name) started this "Allnurses.com" web site. (Don't know if it's full time work for him.)
2) Doug Fletcher founded a nursing humor magazine titled "Journal of Nursing Jocularity". (Always fulltime, but needed supplimental hospital work to help pay bills)
3) Robert Diskin and Rick Glasener founded a nursing focused musical/humor/educational production company called Muse-Med, Inc (TOO LIVE NURSE) (Mostly full time work, but needed supplimental hospital work to help pay bills)
4) Patty Wooten, for over 20 years, has been a professional nurse clown. (It's a full time gig for her!)
5) Numerous part time or full time professional nursing/healthcare focused speakers
6) Parish nursing
. . . I'll write more when I think or remember more.