Thank-you Son - page 3
by LaughingRN | 31,130 Views | 88 Comments
Son, We made it! I know that there are going to be people that try to correct me on that statement, "We" didn't do it..., "I" did it. They are wrong. I'm just talking to you right now little guy. Don't pay attention to... Read More
- 1Sep 2, '09 by stbortonWhat a beautiful and moving thank you to your son! Congratulations on finishing your journey! I am only in my second week of Nursing School and I can already see how valuable my family is going to be and are to me. Without the support of our loved ones this "journey" we have embarked on would be even longer and much harder.
You must be very proud of your son and rightly so! You will both benefit with what you have accomplished and I wish you both the very best!:redpinkhe
- 1Sep 2, '09 by lucylumpsI am writing this with tears steadily steaming down my face. You are an inspiration to many. I truly hope that you know that you are a valedictorian, YOU both have overcome. God bless you and I wish you all much success, love and happiness in the future.
- 1Sep 2, '09 by >30yrsRNThat was a real and beautiful thankyou letter, it brought tears to my eyes.
I knew a nurse in a similuar circumstances as you, I do not know if she is stillusing her degree. she was later injuries in a MVA. On a happy note;
at Barry University when my best friend graduated, they have each graduate name a important person or family who help them the most graduate from college in any field or degree and the graduate gave a small version of a diploma fold with a thankyou for helping me graduate it had a nice note imbose into it with the special person name imbose in it. That was a wonderful surprise.
- 1Sep 2, '09 by ws582Your article is one of the most touching I have read on this site. It brought me to tears. I too am a single mom that struggled through college, and my son was what gave me strength to get through it. Thank you so much for posting it. It will be an inspiration to other parents struggling to get through. CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU GUYS MADE IT!!!
- 3Sep 2, '09 by aelseOMG! I thank you! As I sit here with tears in my eyes, I can relate to the struggle you endured. I'm just now starting my pre-req's and I just made some major decisions so that I can go back to school. I'm not getting any financial assistance, I'm paying out of pocket. In order for me to attend this semester I had to pay a big fee, therefore, I didn't pay my car note, water bill, (water got cut off today as we speak), going to get jugs of water so that me and my kids can bath. I'm a single mother of 2 girls. We have had to move several time, kids stay home alone, so that I can work. But I know that the choice I made a few weeks ago to continue my nursing degree will pay off in the end
Again I thank you for your post and it has proven to me that it can be done.
- 1Sep 2, '09 by llg GuideI consider myself one of the most stoic people here. I almsot NEVER get all emotional over a post. This one got to me. This OP is perhaps the best I have read of this type.
Congratulations on your graduation ... and for raising what sounds like a fine son. Good luck to both of you in your new lives ahead.
I hope you win the article contest -- and use the prize to do something really fun with your son.
- 3Sep 2, '09 by LaughingRNWow,
Thanks everyone for your kind responses, I wasn't really expecting this. I was a little nervous publishing this letter, I wasn't quite sure if it would be received well. (I'm very glad I did now)
Thank you to all the people who shared their stories as well, it takes a certain amount of bravery to admit that life is a sometimes a struggle.
Thank you Brian for the honorary award. I do intend on printing out this entire thread eventually, including the medal. I'll let my son read it at a later time when he's older and can understand.
Thanks again everyone.