If you could pick your ideal job in nursing, what would it be?Register Today!
This is a discussion on If you could pick your ideal job in nursing, what would it be? in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... So if you could pick you ideal job, with ideal hours what job would you do? For me my ideal job...by madwife2002 Asst. Admin Nov 24, '12So if you could pick you ideal job, with ideal hours what job would you do?
For me my ideal job would be 3 days a week, 3-1 patient ratio on a tele floor
I would have a pro active, supportive, vision for the future manager
I would earn enough money that I could manage without worrying
I don't mind working the holidays and I would like 6-8 weeks vacation per year
I would have every Sunday off, so I could do family stuff
Oh yeah and all my co-workers wouldn't be moaning, complaining and back stabbing
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=799045©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Nov 24, '12 by DoeRNUsing my nursing background but not doing direct patient care.
Doing research or informatics Mon-Fri 7:00-3:30 is my dream nursing job. And working independently and not around a bunch of people would be even better!
- Nov 24, '12 by PacesFerryBSNI would like to work alone definitely, but a Tele unit with a 1: 3 ratio, or an ICU RATIO OF 1:1 Oooooh!
- Nov 24, '12 by tokmomSchool nurse. M-F, snow days and all holidays off. I also want my current rate of pay.
- Nov 24, '12 by squatmunkie_RNQuote from tokmomI 2nd that...but can I also add a pay raise? lolSchool nurse. M-F, snow days and all holidays off. I also want my current rate of pay.
- Nov 24, '12 by Born_2BRNMy next ideal job would be a NP. Work this same amount of days get paid twice as much.
- Nov 24, '12 by Twinmom06OB - L&D - 1:1 ratio - or a Womans Health NP - clinic hours
- Nov 24, '12 by RockinChick66I wish I knew. Maybe....
something where I can take my daughter to school
and be home in time to go pick her up.
Something a little less stressful than what I have now.
- Nov 25, '12 by Rhi007Anything traumatic!! I'm a sucker for blood and gore! Don't care about hours, decent pay would be nice and work with mostly males....I can't stand the ********, cat fights and snarkiness that goes on
- Nov 25, '12 by TheCommuterMy ideal nursing job would involve:
1. Minimal direct patient care - just enough to maintain my skill set.
2. No contact with hostile family members and belligerent visitors.
3. At least three days off per week, preferably in a row.
4. Nothing in acute care - I don't like the high-pressure hospital environment.
5. Only patients who are in stable condition with predictable outcomes.
6. Low levels of stress and enjoyable coworkers.