First interview went great...and then this happened.Register Today!
- by HelpMeNewGradRN Sep 28, '11So, I had my first interview today in the PCU. I was beyond nervous beforehand. Everything went so great. He was saying things like "When we get you in here...etc." and said I would hear from him within the week. I got out of the hospital and started calling everybody to tell them how great it went. Then I got a voicemail. From my interviewer. I FORGOT MY WALLET on the chair. I usually take my purse everywhere with me, but I decided to just bring the essentials to the interview (wallet/portfolio). This change-up combined with how nervous I was contributed to me forgetting my wallet. UGHH. So I made the walk of shame back in to pick up my wallet. He was beginning to interview somebody else. So my question is, do you think this is going to make him change his mind about me? I feel like such an idiot!
- Sep 28, '11 by Gently.meThis truly should not be a game changer. Everyone has had days where we are space cadets and forget/lose something. Most employers understand that thsoe getting interviewed are nervious, so I would say you have nothing to worry about on that note.
I am actually glad that was ALL that happened. lol I was expecting you to have left your purse, which dropped its contents on the floor, and then stuff fell out..... lol.
Great job on your interview and best of luck!!
- Sep 28, '11 by NewTexasRNNo, it should not make a difference. I do stuff like that all the time.
- Sep 28, '11 by kool-aideI doubt it, that could happen to anyone.
- Sep 28, '11 by Sun_danc3rRNI don't think it will change anything at all. I think everyone has forgotten a wallet, purse, or something. Don't let it bug you that he was starting to interview another person either, they could even be interviewing for a housekeeping position. I think you are ok.
- Sep 28, '11 by HelpMeNewGradRNThank you everybody! I was losing it a little bit thinking that I blew it at the last minute. Guess I'm just worrying too much like always
- Sep 28, '11 by netglowSo Op you need to laugh because it could have been much worse:
bottle of xanax, valium...
pack of cigarettes
little bottle of JD (LOL)
Anybody else have ideas of what "worse" could have been left behind to relieve the OP of her worries?
- Sep 28, '11 by Been there,done thatI can see where you may be worried that you are viewed as a scatter brain or worse, "doesn't pay attention to detail".
If this interviewer/manager cannot take into consideration your job interview anxiety.... you really don't want to be there.