Favorite Quote and It's Origin Please - Page 7Register Today!
- Dec 11, '01 by CelticNurseOriginally posted by 3651bht
If you always do what you always done you will always have what you've always had..
Or put another way: Doing the same ole thing and expecting different results..
My Dad always said: There are no yes/buts.
And of course my fav.. May the sun shine brightly on you, in peace, and may the wind be always at your back or something like that...
And then a guy at the ski shop told me one time when I was getting my boots adjusted for falling and I told him I never fell ( yeah right) He said, " If you don't fall you ain't trying."
May the road rise to meet you,
May the Sun be always at your back,
May the rain fall softly on your fields,
And, until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.
One of my mother's personal favourites too.
God Bless and Slan go foill.Last edit by CelticNurse on Dec 11, '01
- Dec 11, '01 by RoaminHankRN"When I die, I hope they bury me with my backside up so all my critics can kiss my A$$!" - coach bob knight
- Dec 11, '01 by Peeps McarthurOne day I lamented that I had no shoes.
Then I met a man that had no feet.
So, I took his shoes.
He didn't need them, did he?
- Dec 28, '01 by rninformaticsOld Southern Proverb:
Some days you tree the bear and some days the bear trees you.
Loaded for Bear!
- Dec 29, '01 by SleepyeyesMy quote is from the Bible. I need miracles, I get miracles. God gets the glory: It took 7 years from planning to completion for me to get
my Associate's RN. I never knew where the money was coming from
for essentials, but I knew that this is what God wanted me to be.
Saying this quote to myself reminds me of Who is in control when events
are happening too fast for me.
"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we trust in the
name of the Lord Our God." Psalm 20:7
- Dec 30, '01 by hogan4736"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"