Expiration date on RN licenseRegister Today!
- by gikg Jul 11Hi,
I have a question regarding the expiration date on the RN license. I just passed the NCLEX (Yea!!!) and the expiration showing online is Dec/2014. Some of my classmates that passed their NCLEX last week has the expiration of Jun/2015. So I was wondering why their license expires after mine??? Why mine is less than 2 years. Thanks!
- 1,721 Views
- Jul 12 by classicdamenot sure about your state, but in mine all nurses renew their license in the birthday month, every two years. If you were initially licensed in 2013, an odd number year, and your birthday was in an odd number year, then you are due again in 2015. If you were born in an even number year, your license expires in 2014. There is an exception for people licensed in Jan but have birthdays the end of the same year --- too confusing for now. The state is trying to stagger people so everyone is not due at once. Remember, they are licensing thousands of people at the same time as people graduate from school at the same time.
- Jul 12 by GrnTeaYour driver's license is the same way, and for the same reason. Tying renewal date to birthday spreads them out. If your state does renewals in Dec and June, fine, but it's still tied to your birthday or something. Maybe the dates of your NCLEX? If you took yours in June and they took theirs in July, perhaps. Or the other way around.
Who cares? You're licensed and you'll have many renewals in your future!
- Jul 12 by amoLuciaTo those of you who offered the birthday logic, TY. This inquiring mind always wondered, but never bothered to ask. It wouldn't have made any difference anyway. But TY.
- Jul 12 by NicuGalIt depends on the state you live in. Ours are aways due the end of August every 2 years.
- Jul 12 by gikgIm in California. And my birthday is in November, but yet the expiration is dec 2014. So is less than 2 years and does not match with my birthday. This is so weird.
- Jul 12 by melizerdMy state is 2/28 Right now everyone current is due in 2014, so every two years means the next group will be due in '16