- 0Jan 31, '04 by joyflnoyzA co-worker of mine has the greatest shoes..she says they are Dansko and the most comfy she has ever had. OK, I'm sold.
Hers are pink, with a pearlescent look ..I've searched eerything I can think of but can't find them.
Do these shoes sound familiar to anyone? I guess it really doesn't matter if they are actually Dansko or not I'd really like to find some shoes with color (maybe to match my scrubs???) I am SO very tired of "white" shoes. i love my reebox DMX walkers, but if there is something BETTER <which I have gleaned from reading allnurses!> I'm all for it!
- 12,254 Visits
- 0Jan 31, '04 by futuregaspasserBe careful when buying colored clogs. A bunch of my coworkers and I bought clogs (KLOGS brand), I asked when I bought them about fading. I was told all of the clogs were painted, yes PAINTED! So I bought black.
All of my coworkers clogs are now rubbed off in areas and are black/pink, black/blue, black/purple... You get the idea. Ask before you fork over the dough if theirs are painted and will fade.
- 0Jan 31, '04 by henrysmomJust a warning. I loved, I mean loved, my Dansko clogs. However, a few times I noticed I twisted my foot or ankle when wearing them. Then, one night running to a code, I bent my foot in a funny way and broke my foot. Employee health doc said it was the second broken foot due to a Dansko clog. When I healed and went to the nursing store to buy some new shoes, the clerk told me she had heard the same story from several people. Maybe it was because of the open back. Anyways, I am back in old fashioned white nursing shoes and while they are not fashionable, they are comfortable...Kim
- 0Jan 31, '04 by athomas91yeah....dansko's are the best - but you will twist your ankle in them every once in a while if not careful.....i am lucky - the dansko outlet is just across the state line - can get em for 1/2 price.....yeah!!!
i also recommend switching shoes every other day of work...i found that if i wore one pair one day and another the next that my feet/legs never ached....had alot of luck w/ the birkenstocks too...and there are clogs called "everywheres" - look like duck feet but have soles that you can remove and wash the shell in a dishwasher to disinfect....they were very very comfortable and low to the ground which minimized ankle twisting
- 0Jan 31, '04 by StitchieI love my Dansko clogs but also agree with the above. I have the closed-back kind and I've twisted my ankle,( once really bad, and one other time I fell on my butt :uhoh21.
They are the most comfortable shoes I've come across, and my back doesn't hurt. This is important as I am rather, well, fluffy.
- 0Feb 1, '04 by jembDanskos are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I recommend their closed back clogs, though-- less likely to twist an ankle.
My back actually quit hurting after I started wearing those shoes regularly.
And they are not painted. The colors seem to hold up well, and the shoes last forever.
- 0Feb 1, '04 by IamRNI have started my return to nursing after being away for four years. Previously I had worn Birkenstock clogs, but couldn't since find them (in my house), so I thought I would invest in Dansko's because I heard wonderful things about them; especially less to no lower back pain.
Unfortunately I am quite disappointed. I am now shopping for a new pair of Birkenstocks.