Argh why JCAHO, WHY?!Register Today!
- by uRNmyway Mar 13Just need to get this anxiety off my chest...
Of all days for them to show up for our review, why does it have to be when our head nurse is out of the office and our JCAHO expert is out of the darn country? And why is it that of all people to be responsible to answer her questions and drive her around, they pick the Canadian nurse with ZERO experience with JCAHO other than quickly reviewing the manual...
I just wanted to cry...
- Mar 13 by uRNmywayYeah but our JCAHO expert is the only one with the password to see when they are coming, and she was out of the country. So it was a complete surprise for everyone. Then nurse manager was doing a re-evaluation with a patient and waa out of the office until 1pm...
Add to that disastrous comment by idiot home staff...lets just say tonight is definitely a good night for wine!
- Mar 13 by WeepingAngelThinking about TJC makes me so happy I work nights. Fewf!
- Mar 14 by classicdameif everyone is practicing good nursing it won't matter, because you are in the habit of doing the right thing. The anxiety will still bethere of course. Maybe someone else should have the pw too? Backups
- Mar 14 by NicuGalEven if you work nights you aren't safe. We have had them show up on day two or three at 6am.
- Mar 14 by Jenni811i think managment knows when they are coming around. When we were visited this past fall, our clinical nurse leaders were at a "conference outside the hospital" and our Manager took several vacation days. Not to mention our head hancho nurse was "ill at home."
Im excited for JCAHO to come back to see our managment come up with new excuses as to why they are gone those days. Will it be the same? will they all exchange ideas on excuses to leave? will their be a "family emergency?"
- Mar 15 by uRNmywayLol Jenni811, thats a good hypothesis. Maybe they did know JC would be in and thats why they were conveniently away. Oh well, I guess at least now I'm kinda prepared for their audits and how they function...
- Mar 15 by meandragonbrett*shrugs* They can come whenever. Doesn't matter to me. Why get anxious over it?