There are many forms of the "gallbladder purge"-- an old home remedy that has been around forever. My husband started having significant RUQ pain. He is fortyish, obese, doesn't always eat the best (lots of greasy foods). He tried (somewhat skeptically) the regimen below. The results were astonishing. Numerous blue-green softened stones were passed--looked like little peas. Something very simple, with very little risk, that saved him from imminent major surgery.
Gallbladder Purge/Flush (Stones Treatment)
Fast for at least six hours prior to taking the Epsom salt.
1) Two hours prior to taking the solution, take 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt in 4 oz pure water.
2) Squeeze out a minimum of 4 oz. fresh grapefruit juice (two grapefruit will yield 6-8 oz. and that is fine). DO NOT USE CONCENTRATE OR BOTTLED; ONLY FRESH SQUEEZED.
3) Mix grapefruit juice with 4 oz. of extra virgin olive oil.
4) Mix thoroughly and drink quickly--It is palatable when well mixed.
5) Lie down on your right side for at least 30 minutes.
6) You should see positive results in 2 -3 hours.
7) Eat only bland food the day following (NOT FRIED---eg., fruits, soft vegetables.
OF COURSE, AS WITH ANY HOME REMEDY, CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING (DISCLAIMER