Adverse posting repercussions? - page 2

Has there ever been any adverse effects of posting on allnurses? Like someone at work finding out and something negative came out of it? or any other unpleasant consequence?... Read More

  1. by   rebelwaclause
    Don't share your screename, if you have a unique one. If it's your name or last name...Well, that's pretty much identifiable.

    I think this is why I haven't put a pic of myself as an avatar here. You never know if someone will go loco on you and you end up in your managers office over some BS...Like posting on a public website.
  2. by   tattooednursie
    Nope! but I plan to keep it this way. I will never use names. I need to keep my mouth shut a little bit more though.
  3. by   eltrip
    It's so sad, but true, what some people will do...in lieu of having a life.
  4. by   hapeewendy
    I was living in fear for awhile, now I try to keep things anonymous , when talking about work related situations I dont go into too many specifics , I just kinda bring up issues in a general sense..
    the idea that someone would troll the boards just to get someone in trouble annoys me to no end , but such is human nature sometimes
  5. by   baseline
    I definetly worry about it, and seldom do I even mention that I belong to a BB at work. I try to keep my posts general....and as gorgeous as I am.....no real me avatar will appear! (giggle)
  6. by   VickyRN
    I had to change my username as someone at work figured out who I was. This particular nurse was not malicious, but he had a big mouth. At the time I was working in an ICU in a large teaching hospital. This particular unit had the reputation of being unfriendly to new nurses--something I found to be true, although 80% of the nurses were kind and supportive. However, there was truly a hostile work environment in that place due to the actions/attitudes of the remaining 20% of the nurses. One nurse in particular was the nurse manager's pet. She would work any and all hours anytime the NM wanted, even if it meant working 5 or 6 nights in a week! The girl would fall asleep at work. She was a very treacherous soul and the work environment was SOOO oppressive when she was there--especially when she was charge nurse. I have never been in a place where there was so much back-stabbing and horizontal violence. I truly felt threatened professionally. The nurse manager was an indifferent bean-counter (very competent clinically, just not good people skills) and did nothing to stop the nurse-eating--in some ways, she actually encouraged it. That place truly sucked the life out of me and nearly destroyed my confidence as a nurse. I am SOOOOO glad that I made my career change and waved that place goodby .
  7. by   Flo1216
    In the immortal words of SHAGGY..." It wasn't me" :>D
  8. by   sjoe
    JeannieM--you can PM Brian to see about changing your username, avatar, location, etc. Just explain your reasons. You shouldn't have to be looking over your shoulder every time you post here.
  9. by   flowerchild
    Yes, names have been changed, locations generalized, pics removed, posts edited, b/c some people have nothing better to do than poke around a BB looking to make someone else miserable. Sad but true.
  10. by   sphinx
    Although I try not to be specific, I am totally paranoid and think for sure a coworker is gonna log on and read between the lines and say that sure sounds familiar!!! Esp the stuff I write in the depression thread........stuff I don't want getting around in my workplace. I don't always think, so sometimes I might not always be so careful. I try though.
  11. by   rebelwaclause
    Originally posted by eltrip
    It's so sad, but true, what some people will do...in lieu of having a life.
    Thanks eltrip, for my next signature quote! You'll see it after the holidays!
    :chuckle
  12. by   bagladyrn
    I found the answer for me to this issue is to say the same things at work as I say online. As I have gotten older, I've become more blunt and apt to say exactly what I think. So if I say online that a supervisor or doc is being a jerk, or that I have problems with a policy or situation, I've probably already said the same to them, so nothing anyone can hold over my head. When this issue arose on another board where a poster was being seriously bullied as a result of posting that if they gave me privately verifiable evidence of these illegal actions by a company I would post it under my name and consequences be d***ed!

close