7p-7a Six nights a pay period VS. 23-07 Nine nights a pay periodRegister Today!
- by HeartsOpenWide Aug 2, '12Has anyone worked both? Are 12 hrs easier? I was offered a job in an area with better cost of living and $12 more an hour ($16 with differential) but it is a night shift which terrifies me...I was a wreck after a few months when I did 23-07...I was wondering if 12hr nights are easier since you don't work as many shifts...
- 531 Views
- Aug 2, '12 by nurseintx0511I love 12 hour nights! Love having four nights off a week!
- Aug 2, '12 by HeartsOpenWideDo you sleep well? Have you worked 23-07 before 4 and 5 nights a week?
- Aug 2, '12 by Jessy_RNYou are gonna get a variety of answers. For me, I love 12's but IN A ROW. I cannot function too well if I have my days split when doing nocs.
I usually do the last days of the week and the beginning of the next (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues) and knock out my two weeks in a row and be off 8 days. Never have to use PTO.
You won't know what works best for YOU until YOU try it. Much luck and congratulations on the awesome pay raise!
- Aug 2, '12 by xoemmylouoxI would say 12hr nights are best when they are in a row.. I would work 12s over 8s any day of the week!
- Aug 3, '12 by proud nurseSometimes when I worked 8 hours, I wasn't tired and felt like I could go for another 2 or 3 hours. My philosophy has always been I'd rather work more hours in less days. I'm still adjusting to the 12's, but I think it'll take me a while yet. It's a really long day, lol.
- Aug 3, '12 by scrubwearerHaving done both I prefer 12's over 8's. I just like having more days off in the week.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com