Cheating in nursing school

Nursing Students General Students

Published

:angryfire

I am so upset! I overheard a group of three girls cheating on a test in class (they sit right behind me) and said something to a friend of mine who sits next to me. The girls who were cheating thought I ratted them out to the teacher, so they got mad at me and started a bunch of drama. Then the one who I thought was my friend was mad at me for "making too big of a deal out of this". I can't believe this mentality. I didn't rat them out to the teacher, but even if I would have, they are the ones that cheated. I just can't believe that so many of them are sticking together and they all think it's o.k. to cheat. I can't believe they are the ones that cheated and I'm the one to be treated like s**t. It seems like cheating is acceptable now, and no one thinks it is any big deal.

Whoooooo! I feel so much better. Thanks for listening!

Babar

Specializes in Med-Surg.

Hmmm. Let's see...

They cheated...

You're upset that they cheated...

They're treating you like s**t because they think you told the instructor...

And again, you're upset that they cheated...

Seems obvious to me -- Tell the instructor.

They're already coming down on you, it would be a shame if all that energy they were putting out was a waste of their time.

Specializes in Peds ER.

I wouldn't bother telling, the instructors can't do anything without their own proof anyway. Sounds like they are aware now and they will handle it. Don't waste so much of your energy on the ones that cheat. If they are lucky enough to make it through nursing school they won't make it very far in the real world anyway. Spend all that energy on studying!!

Specializes in Rural Health.

Well...at least you'll graduate with the dignity and pride knowing that you finished nursing school w/o cheating.... And those girls....well.....they may be lucky to get to graduate especially if they get caught.

Specializes in Inpatient Acute Rehab.

They cannot cheat on the test that matters the most------ they cannot cheat on the NCLEX!!!

They cannot cheat on the test that matters the most------ they cannot cheat on the NCLEX!!!

....sounds like the bottom line to me...if they make it that far! :rotfl:

Specializes in ED.
....sounds like the bottom line to me...if they make it that far! :rotfl:

Exaclty and they will be lacking all that infomration in the final exam too. Maybe if you hinted to your instructor and maybe they can't do anything official, but they might be able to rearrange the seating or something. And you would do good to move your seating arrangments also cause your not going to get much done in class when you have so much negativity directed at your back ya know?

Stay strong and don't let them get to you (and don't let them look at your test paper :chuckle )

Specializes in Trauma ICU, MICU/SICU.

They cheated and they are still in the program??? Why weren't they booted?

:angryfire

I am so upset! I overheard a group of three girls cheating on a test in class (they sit right behind me) and said something to a friend of mine who sits next to me. The girls who were cheating thought I ratted them out to the teacher, so they got mad at me and started a bunch of drama. Then the one who I thought was my friend was mad at me for "making too big of a deal out of this". I can't believe this mentality. I didn't rat them out to the teacher, but even if I would have, they are the ones that cheated. I just can't believe that so many of them are sticking together and they all think it's o.k. to cheat. I can't believe they are the ones that cheated and I'm the one to be treated like s**t. It seems like cheating is acceptable now, and no one thinks it is any big deal.

Whoooooo! I feel so much better. Thanks for listening!

Babar

Personally, I would just tell them that it's their problem and ignore them. They sound immature, and who needs to be around people like that. If you are forced to do clinical with any of them, go to the prof and tell them there is a problem. Let the prof deal with it, but insist on having a clinical partner who has some ethics because it may affect your grade if you have to work in teams.

Life is too short to expend energy on stuff like that. This is YOUR education, demand the best from yourself and concentrate on your goals. In the end that is all that will matter anyway. People who cheat are only cheating themselves out of passing the NCLEX and a great career in nursing.

Best of Luck to you!

Hugs!

MaryRose

I know that you are very up-set, as u should be. You have worked very hard to maintain you place in Nursing school. When it comes to 'knowing' what to do and such as that... you will have the knowledge and the other girls will not. So it will get them in the end... you are to hard on your self. And it does not matter if the girls are ugly to you. Karma Is your friend in this.. So keep your head up!

The instructor must not know that they are cheating, if the instructor did know then the students would be kicked out of nursing school, no questions asked. If the instructor does know then the next exam will probably be much different, thus causing them to fail. Thus the instructor will know that they were cheating. But it is hard to prove, so do not let this negative energy get to you, or the girls.

I have failed 2 exams thus far in Med-Surg and finally got it! She is giving the exam from the Silvestri NCLEX-RN book... which I study for another class. The whole class knows that she is using this book for the exams now. And I do not know that the teacher is aware that she is using a book that we have. Crazy! So I feel guiltily for studying this for the next exam. BUT I know that we only have 3 more exams before the finial exam. So I am going to study that book! - like all the other students in our class.

ok, first of all you didn't " rat" them out...even though they definitely deserve it! Second of all, someone needs to put a stop to it because quite honestly, it just isn't fair to you or the other people who work so hard to earn your grades!! I would walk up to the teacher and just let him/her be aware that there is cheating going on. This way, the teacher can maybe walk around the class during the test or make people switch seats. What do you have to lose by saying something at this point?? I mean they already think you told on them anyways! And if they don't talk to you anymore...OH WELL! Who needs people like that anyway?

Specializes in MICU, CVICU.

I would talk to the instructor. Even if nothing happens this time she'll be watching them next time so either they won't be able to cheat or they'll get caught.

+ Add a Comment