liability insurance

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in med/surg, tele, CCU, ICU, travel nurse.

I am new here and I think I must have posted in the wrong section last time or something. How is it possible that I can post something at say 11:00 and by 11:10 have had only 1 viewing, while someone else who posted at the same time could have 5,000 views? Does anyone have their own ? Should I get it? Who do you have it through?

I got my mine from the ANA.

Specializes in Education, FP, LNC, Forensics, ED, OB.

hello and welcome to allnurses.com

if members are interested in a thread, they will click on the thread, thus generating the increase in viewed numbers. that's how that works.

your first thread was in the introductions and greetings where new members normally post their introduction and the members of the site welcome you. specific questions can be posted in the appropriate forum as you have done in this thread.

as for , i am a strong advocate of the nurse carrrying their own individual policy.

all policies have limits of liability. other defendants employed at your entity may and probably do share your liability limits under the same policy. if you, as well as others, are named in a suit, your legal costs, including any settlement, could exceed your employer's shared liability limits. this would mean out-of-pocket expense(s) for you.

i have used nso for years. www.nso.com

you can go online and receive a free quote for your state and license.

reasons why to carry malpractice insurance:

overdose of magnesium sulfate kills 18 mom in labor

if your license is disciplined

reinstated license after suspension

falsely accused of a hipaa violation

hope this helps.

Specializes in ICU/PCU/Infusion.

I also use NSO. Highly recommend!

and welcome to Allnurses.com!

If you choose to get , and you want it to cover events such as board of nursing complaints, make SURE the policy you buy covers such.

Some don't. Read the fine print very carefully. Also make sure that you've filled out the application forms completely and accurately.

Good point, James Huffman.

NSO provides legal representation on nurses policies.

Specializes in med/surg/ortho.

We were told by our hospital's legal dept that although it's up to you whether to carry extra ins or not..that in their experience the nurses that carry their own (and it will be found out during the discovery process..) are never dismissed from lawsuits, and nurses who are only covered by the hosptials ins. are dismissed because the lawyers go after the deepest pockets. They also said that the lawyers will use the nurses ins money to go after the hospital...thats how they fund themselves.

Good point, James Huffman.

NSO provides legal representation on nurses policies.

Hello! I was just thinking about Malpractice and thought hey I bet someone is talking about it out here(allnurses). And surely there was. Soon I'll be needing it. NSO is the reliable one huh that people trust here. Tell me more if ya can

Hello, lavendar rose,

Go here http://www.nso.com/ and click on, "customer service" link. Most, if not all, questions will be answered. You can receive a free quote online as well.

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

Have had NSO for years. Used them once for a policy issue. What they did was refer me to a lawyer in another area. It was very, very helpful and put my mind at ease. I didn't actually use the insurance, just the lawyer referral service.

Specializes in ER/Trauma.

I bought my policy through NSO this year.

cheers,

:)

+ Add a Comment