Hillsborough Community College Spring 2013 - page 74
Hello all, I thought I would start a thread for those of us applying to HCC's Spring 2013 nursing program. I am a Veterinary Technician/stay at home mom. I'm gathering everything for my application and hoping to drop it off at... Read More
- 1Oct 31, '12 by moneekI think its safe to say that between this week and next week we should all be hearing something since orientation is basically 2 weeks away. I am ready to get all that over with so I can know for sure my campus and time for classes. Lets hope we all get the campus assignment we desire.
- 0Nov 3, '12 by kvil713I was really hoping to get something n the mail today since every other year, they have found out on Saturday. But nothing Maybe Monday. They are cutting it pretty close this year to orientation. How are the other alternates and appeals doing? Everyone hangin in there? Anyone get word from HCC yet?
- 4Nov 3, '12 by CalleyHi yall,
I was just skimming thru allnurses and thought I 'd check on yall! Im in NP1 now at Dale Mabry, I just wanted to let yall know that some of us didnt find out as promised before orientation, for instance I was accepted, and not assigned a campus until weeks after orientation, but it was all for the good it was truly God's blessing because I had a low gpa, needed dale mabry mornings, and got dale mabry mornings a week and a half or two weeks before classes started.
The best thing you can do right now, is try not to worry about your campus assignment and get some much needed rest and family time and save money because once you start, ....you start. If you can get the books early, start reading!!!!!!!!
Good luck, I hope everything works out for each of you!
- 0Nov 5, '12 by sprmomof4Quote from shauny2k3I hope we know by mail. I am not familiar with the email system for HCC since I am not taking classes there yet..Received email from MF today:
Good morning Shaun,
Thank you for your email. Everyone will be assigned prior to Orientation via email or letter.
- 3Nov 7, '12 by PeppaPigI called my cousin who is in NP1 this semester and asked her about orientation. Here is the dish:
all the rules and regulations, list of everything we need to buy, what everything costs, when everything is due, what books we need and when they will be available, vaccination information, CPR, how to upload the requested information (shots, physcials ect.) Clinical sites and rules.
They split into their class groups and had a getting to know you exercise, tour of the classroom and lab areas, met the professors, and the drug test ( this took a long time).
She said they also covered study skills, stress management, time management and the like.
She suggested we bring a big water and some snacks and take lots of notes.
Hope this helps!