Barry University - page 4
by LegacyJS 20,068 Views | 34 Comments
Hi everyone I am a little confused and hope you can help me. I was thinking about applying to Barry's Accelerated program. I looked at their site and all the info however it says no repeats, well i had a c in one of my... Read More
- 0Oct 10, '10 by Mari71089I know their website is not very user friendly. It does not explain things very well. I spoke to an admissions counselour that was assigned to me. She told me I was not accepted into the traditional BSN program because Im still taking some prerequisites. That's why she said they placed me into the pre-nursing. UGGH its fustrating. I also believed you needed reccomendation letters but they are not necesarry I was told. An admissions counselour said are only necessary if applying to their masters program.
- 0Oct 10, '10 by SheecoQuote from Mari71089I know their website is not very user friendly. It does not explain things very well. I spoke to an admissions counselour that was assigned to me. She told me I was not accepted into the traditional BSN program because Im still taking some prerequisites. That's why she said they placed me into the pre-nursing. UGGH its fustrating. I also believed you needed reccomendation letters but they are not necesarry I was told. An admissions counselour said are only necessary if applying to their masters program.
Wow, this is so confusing. So once my pre-req's are completed then they can move me to the ABSN or the Traditional?
MyBarry website I signed up so that I could get questions answered online but you know they never answered any of my questions.
When I electronically sent my application in I was wondering how come no one contacted me thats when I emailed admissions and finally a woman answered me.
She could not tell me anything because she needed my name, city, state so I complied that was last week and nothing. That's when I got the letter in the mail. I wrote the lady with an update question to see what she says.
I took Critical Thinking Ethics which deals with Bioethics from Miami Dade College and now I have read on other discussion boards that no one offers Bioethics but Barry and must be taken through them. They charge way too much money and I think its awful that I spent that money for nothing and may need to take it again through them.
- 0Oct 17, '10 by Mari71089Hey sheeco, well from what the conselour told me, when your pre reqs are done you need to send a transcript showing that so they can then "consider" your application to the BSN program. She also let me know that if your gpa, pre reqs are not to their requiste then they do not consider you at all. I suggest you make an appointment with a conselour so they can better advise you, which is whta I am going to do. I do not want to pay the enrollment fee if there is no chance of getting into the program by January. That's really weird no one contacted you, I applied about a month ago and since I applied every week I have recieved a different letter and I also did not have any problem with asking questions with the MY BARRY acct ... How weird! I can understand how fustrated you must be, you just have to be on top of things! Where theres a will theres a way , just dont quit! About the bioethics class im not sure too much about it I have never taken it and when I spoke to the conselour she told me all my classes would be fullfilled once micro lab, biochem, and lab were finished... I really need to go ahead and make an appt with a conselour I am always hearing different things ! I really want to make sure that I have good chance of getting in .. Let me know if you heard anything else !
- 0Nov 13, '10 by Getting To GreatQuote from FutureFlNurse@FutureFlNurse,Hi! My friend still has the book so I don't have the isbn, but here is a link to the book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Evolve-Reach-A.../dp/1416056351
I just wanted to know if the exam applies to all BSN programs at Barry; and the website did not specify that an exam is required. I will call them to find out.
- 0Nov 15, '10 by Getting To GreatQuote from AsiraHello,The book I got was "evolve reach: admission assessment exa
review." The isbn is 978-1-4160-5635-5. This book was also the one recommended on the flyer given for the test.
I know that the posting is a little over two years, but I would like to know if you found the book to be helpful and did it prepared you for the initial exam?