Flight Nurse Book Called Trauma JunkieRegister Today!
- by turquoisefire May 11, '11Hey all,
I'm currently reading Trauma Junkie: Memoirs of an Emergency Flight Nurse by Janice Hudson. I'm loving it right now. I wanted to throw it out here as an option for learning more information about flight nursing or at least for providing some entertaining reading if anybody wanted to check it out.
If you've read it, what did you think of it?
- Aug 19, '11 by AmagooReading it now, love it!
- Aug 30, '11 by Kitesurfing bumThanks for the heads up... Got the book and I'm super hooked on it! Great stories, although most were written in the '90's.
Are there any flight nurses who have read this? Curious to know if the book is accurate to current practice/calls/experience.
Again, thanks for the recco!
- Sep 22, '11 by RioVery well written. So many of the stories and situations I can relate to...
- Feb 14, '12 by cowgrlnurseI absolutely loved it! It added to my motivation for wanting to become a flight nurse, and I shall, just gotta keep going. I just finished my EMT-B and am on our local EMS. One more step in the right direction.
- Feb 16, '12 by DavidNurseEMTI enjoyed reading the book! It was well written and kept me interested!
- Feb 17, '12 by NurseGrape3000I came across this book by accident at the library and read it in two days as well... I'm a student alone with two kids, so that tells you it is a must read! I'm still just studying nursing (with LPN and other experience) but am really feeling drawn to the ED and flight nursing.. totally motivating.