Two questions...Register Today!
- by LauraLiz Feb 10Wow, I can't believe that when I joined this forum I had just decided to go back to school, and now, here I am 3 months away from graduating!
So, just wondering...How long did you wait to take NCLEX after graduating and how long did it take you to find a job?
- Feb 10 by xoemmylouoxI took like 3 months to do a final good review and to take a break. I found out pretty quickly that I passed and had a job within 2 mi this. This was over 6 years ago. Congrats and best of luck.
- Feb 10 by hopefulwhoopGraduated in May--took NCLEX in July. Started working in August.
- Feb 10 by CaptScrubs13Graduated mid may, took nclex first available date - one month later, interviewed beginning of September for my job and started 3 or 4 weeks later
- Feb 10 by wish_me_luckGraduated May 2012, took/passed NCLEX in September 2012, and I do not have a nursing job right now--3 months of that though I was not looking due to monitoring stipulations. Hopefully, it will be soon.
- Feb 10 by MeriwhenI took the NCLEX 6 weeks after graduation. I had surgery scheduled immediately after graduation--as in the Monday after the weekend ceremonies--so I didn't expect to hit the review books for at least a couple of weeks afterwards.
On the other hand, I didn't want to wait too long on taking the test either: better I get it over with while most of nursing school was still fresh in my mind. I figured about a month of reviewing would be enough.
I accepted a position about 3 months following graduation.
- Feb 10 by KelRN215I took NCLEX 3 weeks after graduation. I graduated 6 years ago when the job market was good, so I had my job offer in March of my senior year of college. Start applying NOW.
- Feb 10 by PediLove2147Graduated in May, took the NCLEX at the end of June, had a job in September.
- Feb 10 by TheCommuterLVN program - I took NCLEX about 2.5 months after completion and found a job a few days after receiving my temporary license. Of course, this was back in 2006 when the nursing job market was more robust.
RN program - I took NCLEX 2 months after completion.
- Feb 10 by LTCNSLPN program. Took NCLEX less than a month after graduation and landed my first job the day after I received my license. That was in 1996 when a nurse, RN or LPN, could literally walk into a LTC or hospital and have a job the same day.