Information LiteracyRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Information Literacy in Excelsior College Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... I am about to register for this class. However I do remember someone talking about a class that...by g8sushma Mar 5I am about to register for this class. However I do remember someone talking about a class that excelsior is accepting that is cheaper. Does anyone know what class that is? And if not does anyone know if there is a book that has to be bought for this class?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=819606©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,884 Views
- Mar 5 by natnat122Penn Foster but I don't think they accept it anymore (unless you enrolled b4 Oct 1, 2012)
- Mar 22 by mra149Got word today from advisor that they do not accept Penn Foster information literacy course. If you find something else let me know, I am interested
- Mar 23 by dblpnThat sucks! i took it thru penn foster as well didnt know they changed it.
- Mar 24 by JustBeachyNurseThe change went into effect on Jan 1, 2013 when Penn Foster originally had a delay in approval for ACE credits. Apparently Excelsior took a second look and found it was inadequate for the requirement. Right now the only option is Excelsior's class... There are few other schools that offer the course as most schools include the requirement in their major curriculum. My undergrad program for a different major included the info lit requirement in the major class "research methods". My local CC includes the requirement in various major classes instead as a separate class for any major.
- Apr 24 by OnlineSNAWat exactly information literacy about? Is it hard, is there any exam
- Apr 25 by JustBeachyNurseQuote from OnlineSNAHere is the course description :Wat exactly information literacy about? Is it hard, is there any exam
Course Details: INL-102
Course Title: Information Literacy
An online self-paced course providing a broad overview of information literacy concepts. Introduces skills for locating, using, and evaluating various information resources, as well as discussing the legal and ethical uses of information. Students take five quizzes to help learn course content, and a Pass/Fail grade is determined by the final examination.
- Apr 25 by BrillyDQuote from OnlineSNAIt's easy - you shouldn't have any problem passing it.Wat exactly information literacy about? Is it hard, is there any exam
- Apr 25 by OnlineSNAThanks
- Apr 25 by mochasouterI know a few ppl that took it and they said it was so easy. They said they did it in one day.