Failed CPNE 11/20, appeal for fee waiver?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Failed CPNE 11/20, appeal for fee waiver? in Excelsior College Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... I'M BROKE!!!!!!!! Honestly, i'm more worried about how I'm gonna come up with another $2000 than I...by OneFlyNurz Nov 21, '11I'M BROKE!!!!!!!! Honestly, i'm more worried about how I'm gonna come up with another $2000 than I am about the disappointment of failing. FYI, I look at it now as a learning experience and it was fear and anxiety that did me in! However, back to the bigger problem - I'M BROKE!!!!! Has anyone ever appealed and had the fee waived?Last edit by OneFlyNurz on Nov 21, '11
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=644463©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,169 Views
- Nov 21, '11 by caliotter3When I asked for an extension to enable me to possibly earn the money for my retry, I was only given a few months, until the end of the year. Being unemployed at the time, it was impossible to just flip a switch and get $2000, much less the plane fare and money for the hotel, so end of story for me. I had paid an extra time for a late cancellation, when I became ill or whatever, that money was lost. You would have thought that they would have relented and taken that as the fee for the retry, but no. I don't think they waive the fee but that does not mean you should not try. Just don't expect any consideration.
- Nov 21, '11 by LunahRNI've seen a few people post about getting their next attempt with no new fee, but I think they had some really good reasons for getting that kind of ruling from whatever committee at EC makes that decision. If you can point to something the school did during your weekend that ultimately caused you to fail, then they might consider it. If you don't ask, the answer will always be no. Sorry to hear you didn't pass! Glad you're not giving up.
- Nov 21, '11 by BeachieRN84Hey girl, I am so sorry :-(
It wouldn't hurt to try. I am pretty sure there is an appeal process you have to go through, and if they find that one of the CE's violated policy or failed you for a bogus reason, they will grant you a retest without a fee. I would call them and inquire on what you need to do (ie writing a letter, filling out paperwork, etc?), tell them what happened and see what they say, you don't know if you don't ask!
All the best to you!!! You will get it next time!!!
- Sep 27, '12 by pretti809did you appeal and what happened??
- Sep 29, '12 by OneFlyNurzHi, I didnt appeal, I just studied n practiced all over again n saved the money to pay for it and used the pmnt plan. I tested again in june this year and passed, graduated in july and passed boards on Monday this week
- Sep 29, '12 by pfeef21YAY!! Great job OneFlyNurz!! Just got chills when I read your last post on this thread. That is truly awesome! SO so so happy for you!
Hoping I will be posting that same thing in the near future. Always a good feeling to read a post from someone who hung in there and reached the goal!! God Bless and best to you in your future!
- Sep 29, '12 by BLAKEY2005Congrats OneFlyNurz! I'm so happy for you. With God's help i can post this sometime next year. Taking my last theory exam in a few weeks Transitional then FCCA in Nov. I can truly see the light at the end of the tunnel!
- Sep 29, '12 by BarbaraNMQuote from OneFlyNurzCongratulations!!!!Hi, I didnt appeal, I just studied n practiced all over again n saved the money to pay for it and used the pmnt plan. I tested again in june this year and passed, graduated in july and passed boards on Monday this week
- Sep 29, '12 by BrillyDAwesome - So glad you didn't give in or give up!!