Excelsior BSN students? =) - page 2
It has been FOREVER since I posted, but, was wondering who all on here are BSN students for Excelsior? I finished my AAS last year in May and obtained my RN license in June for FL. I have been since working on my BSN program... Read More
- 1Mar 11, '13 by BerryHappyHi Tasha! I'm so glad to see you are taking the EC BSN course. I have been silently reading your posts for a few years now and you continue to motivate me. !
I just FINALLY passed my CPNE and am considering EC to earn my BSN. I was wondering if FOR SURE EC graduates are welcomed in NP programs? I realize we will have to earn our MSN somewhere other than EC to continue on the NP route. Any advice?
- 2Mar 11, '13 by Pixie.RN Asst. AdminOne friend of mine did Graceland's RN-to-MSN/FNP program, and another did Frontier's NP program, and they were both EC grads. It can be done. Skip the BSN if you want to do NP ... there are so many RN-to-MSN/NP programs out there! Try University of South Alabama -- so many flavors from which to chose! Congrats on passing your CPNE! On to the NCLEX for you! YAY!
- 0May 17, '13 by TashaLPN2006RN2012So sorry I haven't been on here in awhile...BSN school sure can get busy along with full time work and life! I am currently finishing up Community health course (did the online not the exam), informatics, and a gen ed...In August I'm hoping for a fall seat in the Capstone to finish out my degree!!! =) I also started a facebook page called Excelsior College BSN Program Students ...just search for that and add yourself if you haven't already! I'll approve you as I see them come in.
I have to say I was thankful to stay with EC for my BSN when there were so many other options...I felt like so far the course built upon what I learned during the LPN to RN portion...I loved some of the gen eds I got to pick too (History of Rock and Roll 1 & 2, Zombies in Popular culture and literature, and Human sexuality) very fun and gave me the "break" i needed from the nursing ones.
Statistics I got a C in, the ONLY C i've gotten thus far in the BSN program, the majority of my grades have been A's with a few B's and currently have a 3.54 in the program (daggone C!!!), The instructors can be tough, but I feel as if they are really preparing me for MSN with my writing skills and using APA formatting with papers! It is ALOT of paper writing, but most classes you can pick your own topic which makes it nice!
Any questions let me know. You will probably find me more on Facebook than here, but I do pop on from time to time. Just let me know if I can help! =)
- 1Aug 3, '13 by Erikadawn RNHi Tasha, just narrowing down my choices for my BSN, after my ASN at Excelsior, I'm just completing a Bachelors in Liberal Arts, waiting to be conferred. Had ALOT of credits laying around and said why not. How is Excelsiors program? I can't really find any info on it.
- 0Aug 5, '13 by BSNbeDONEQuote from Erikadawn RNHi Erikadawn,Hi Tasha, just narrowing down my choices for my BSN, after my ASN at Excelsior, I'm just completing a Bachelors in Liberal Arts, waiting to be conferred. Had ALOT of credits laying around and said why not. How is Excelsiors program? I can't really find any info on it.
I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full. I was going to answer a question that you asked me somewhere else.
- 0Aug 9, '13 by TashaLPN2006RN2012I'm finally coming to the end of my BSN with just the Capstone left! =) Yeah Me!!! I will say it's been tough, and alot of paper writing, but I feel I've learned a lot. Someone asked how EC grads would be looked at for ARNP school...so far I've talked to South University, Georgetown University and University of Cincinnati, and NONE of them have had any issue of where I got my AAS and BSN from....I decided to apply to UC and SU so far =)
As far as the program goes, I enjoyed it, and the classes are relevant and interesting. Some have more papers to write than others, and all is mostly theory based and requires a lot of discussion online on the forums. I didn't have many tests, but did have a ton of papers to research/write. I enjoyed the gen eds (Especially the Zombie class!!!) that I chose to take as well =)
Good luck to all of you!!! =)