ER nurses, read this! - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 26, '06 by aberrnExcellent article,and so true!!.
- Sep 26, '06 by shillthis doctor is amazing, he actually took timeout and responded to my e-mail, (with in a matter of five hours(i believe ohio is an hour behind ny)).
just a suggestion for those that responded to this post, (just like ererer said he welcomes your feedback)....
it only took me but a minute to click onhis name, and write what i did. and in reading his response, and in as short as it was, i could feel compassion that he has for er nurses. i'd work in dr. baehrens' er department any time.
sherry - thanks for your kind words. feel free to distribute the article. that was fast getting it on that website - they just asked me about it the other day.
----- original message -----
sent: monday, september 25, 2006 3:20 pm
subject: your article..
i was just reading an article written by you, that was posted to a web site called allnurses.com . it was posted in the emergency room section of this web page. i felt the article really described us er nurses to a t. it really feels great to be appreciated and recognized. i hope you don't mind me copying this article and posting it in our break room in my er where i work.
again, thanks for the recognition and my hat is off to you.
- Sep 26, '06 by santhony44Not an ER nurse, but that's a great article!
- Sep 26, '06 by RunnerRNOne of the docs at work copied it and posted it at our work stations. How great do you think it felt to walk in early on a Sat and see that the first thing!?
We all decided we want to copy it and post it in each exam room and in triage, with certain sections highlighted.
I also think it needs to be made public in Newsweek/Time/The Today Show or other similar forum. Sometimes I wish I had a mirror pinned to my scrubs so people could see how they're really acting.
- Sep 26, '06 by moodychickWhat a wonderful article!!! How kind of him to say these things! It should be posted in every newspaper in every state!:wink2:
- Sep 28, '06 by ERERERJust a thought, but with "ER Nurses Week" coming up (oct 8-14) how about everybody sending a copy of this editorial to their local newspaper??? the doc that wrote it said feel free to distribute......
- Sep 29, '06 by andhow5That should be required reading of all triaged "lobby dwellers" every time they come up to whine about their schedules and how they have "things to do"...
Excellent article, thank you for sharing!
- Sep 29, '06 by AltraQuote from ERERERExcellent idea!!Just a thought, but with "ER Nurses Week" coming up (oct 8-14) how about everybody sending a copy of this editorial to their local newspaper??? the doc that wrote it said feel free to distribute......
- Sep 30, '06 by Maverick80I'm a tech in the ED, and i understand so much of this artical. I'm not an RN yet but will be in a year and a half. I'm planning on staying at my ED. I took this artical to work today and handed it to a good RN friend of mine, i told her read it, and pass around, so i hope everyone gets to see it!!
- Oct 8, '06 by TheERisForMei love that part about the "secret place they only tell you about in triage school." i think i have that