Samuel Merritt University ELMSN-CM Fall 2013 - Page 11Register Today!
- Feb 4 by driven2012Grrrr What's the hold up? I thought we would definitely hear something in January and it is now February and we are still on pins and needles!
- Feb 4 by lalaloveI know this is driving me crazy...Maybe they're waiting for FNP people who are interested in CM to submit their interests. Any FNP applicants who received the email to apply for CM, was there a deadline?
- Feb 4 by alyssag24I don't believe she set a deadline. Here is the exact email:
We are in the process of reviewing all elmsn fnp fall 2013 applications. Although our website may say January, that is subject to change. The faculty is reviewing applications and if you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by the School of Nursing, not the admission office. I do not have a list of who is contacted for elmsn fnp interviews.
The ELMSN fnp program is very competitive. This is not to say you will not be considered, but at this point we are still accepting applications to the ELMSN CM track. It is not a guarantee, but if you are at all interested in having your application considered for the Case Management track please send me an email indicating your interest and please review the Case Management information on our website. It would also be a good idea to do an additional personal essay for the case management track. I cannot give individual status, and all admission decisions are sent at the same time. Let me know if you are interested in having your file considered for the case management track.
- Feb 4 by lalaloveThank you for sharing that with us...I'm still wondering why cm applicants haven't heard anything. I guess we just have to wait.
- Feb 5 by Frangipani25Feeling nervous. I feel like they are holding out on the CM applications so that they can recommend FNP applicants in case they do not get in. I know this may not be true since it is different faculty, but I'm getting all antsy over here!!
- Feb 5 by driven2012I agree. It is becoming more difficult as the days go by. I thought we would definitely know about interviews by now. Perhaps the FNP schedule is taking longer then expected? Maybe they only have one person scheduling interviews? I'm just trying to make sense of it all!
- Feb 5 by xzalensedriven2012, you are correct. The FNP interviews are conducted by two interviewers and the CM interview typically conducted by the head of CM herself. This might be the reason why it's going a little slower. Also, be aware that the interviewers and those that are looking at your apps are also instructors so they are busy doing other things too. Hang in there! And right with alxiong, CM students are getting hired left and right by major hospitals in the bay area and getting paid big bucks too- so if you're interested, you should submit an app!
- Feb 5 by lalaloveHi xzalense- I was just reading the previous threads when you applied. Congrats on getting accepted. How is the program treating you? We here are going crazy because last year you guys were notified sooner and we are getting worried... but hey you been through it lol
- Feb 5 by xzalenseI remember how nerve wracking it can be! Take it one day at a time and remember this feeling because once you do get in, you'll be amazed how fast a year flies by. The program is AWESOME. If you asked me a year ago about how much knowledge I would gain and what skills I would have attained, I would've laughed! The program is really top notch and I have nothing but good things to say about the instructors. This semester has been great and has pushed me past things that have previously made me nervous (giving shots, IVs, etc). Hey, maybe use this stressful time to develop good relaxation techniques to use during school! =)