California New Grads Question For You...Register Today!
- by pnkgirl25 Nov 29, '12If you graduated in 2012 I would love to hear how your job search went.
How Long Did It Take To Find A Job
Where was the job (LTC, Doc Office, Detention Center...etc)
What was your pay
Name of school you graduated from
- Nov 29, '12 by SoCalGalRNIt took me 7 months of searching to get hired on a medsurg oncology unit in a community hospital. Starting pay is $28.60 per hour. I'm getting an entry level master's degree from Western University.
- Nov 29, '12 by ExPharmaGirlSo far 3 months since licensure, 72 applications, 1 interview, and no job.
- Nov 29, '12 by kenderella89Unfortantly I've been graduated 7 months and yet to find a job. I do have my first interview next week. I graduated from Samuel Merritt University as well.
- Dec 4, '12 by HeartsOpenWideQuote from ExPharmaGirlAre your referring to jobs you have applied to period, or new grad jobs applied to...? Applying to non-new grad jobs is often pointless as these jobs require experience.Lets update this to 92 applications.
- Dec 4, '12 by ExPharmaGirlA mix of new grad and jobs that have perferred but not required experience. Oddly, those are the ones I'm actually being considered for according to my application statuses.
- Dec 17, '12 by emmymaeeRNHow long did it take to find a job: Still unemployed
School graduated from: VCU School of Nursing (in Virginia)
In the same vein as ExPharmagirl - 81 applications, one interview, no job.
- Dec 17, '12 by ExPharmaGirlIt's horrible here! Up to 115 apps. I've run out of positions to apply for!
- Dec 17, '12 by pnkgirl25ughh thats awful!