Those around us are clueless...
- 20May 28, '12 by brian AdminWe have our own language. People around us are clueless to what we are saying.
Have you ever had someone look at you with a complete blank face?
Have you ever had this happen to you? Want to share your story?
Click Like if you enjoyed it.
Please share this with friends and post your comments below!
Want more nursing cartoons?
- 18,179 Views
- 0May 28, '12 by DocsWifeyHaha, yes, that sooo reminds me of me working the first couple weeks on a Cardiac MICU (in Germany). I got the shift report and knew what the patient had and how to care for him, but the nurse rattled of every single diagnosis of the sheet (as if the patient would die if I wouldn't know) and I totally got lost :-).
- 0May 28, '12 by GitanoRN Guideneedless to say, this happens frequently in any area of a hospital mainly when the family or the pt. is present and we as medical professionals need to remember once we are addressing their condition to express ourselves in lame terms in order for them to comprehend their medical diagnosis and treatment. granted, i do see this more on some doctors they speak to their patients and once the doctor is gone, the pt. turns and looks at us nurses for interpretation and guidance. however, when i'm speaking to a colleague and non-medical staff is around us, i turn up our shall we say the medical "lingo" in order to keep any information private
- 20May 28, '12 by Ashley, PICU RNQuote from gitanorni am an icu nurse. it is impossible for me to ignore an map of 15. must.... assess.... intervene.... implement.....keep in mind is a "cartoon" therefore, don't let the "map 15" alarmed you...
*searches for way to enter cartoon to fix patient's map...*
- 6May 28, '12 by Andy DroidQuote from Ashley, PICU RNRight click on cartoon, and go to :Save picture as", and save it to your desktop.*Searches for way to enter cartoon to fix patient's MAP...*
Right click on the sdaved picture on "open with" paint.
Use the dotted square tool to copy and paste other numbers to replace the 15 beside MAP (copy and paste to maintain the same font) - you have the numbers 2,4,5,7,8,9 & 0 to choose from
Save the changes and upload the picture.
(sorry... couldn't resist )