How did you feel when you got your first nursing paycheck?Register Today!
- by brian Sep 15All that time in nursing school had to pay off sooner or later. I'm sure many felt elated, many were ecstatic, and many just wanted to blow it all away. Do you remember your first paycheck? How did you feel? Did you celebrate? Please share your stories...
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below!
Want more nursing cartoons?
- 7,529 Views
- Sep 15 by mali_santizoWaiting for soo long....
- Sep 15 by Junebug0710Very satisfied
- Sep 15 by whichone'spinkI thought that's how much I made in a month, now I make it in one pay period. I moved across the Red River to MN a couple of months later and more is taken out every month than when I lived on the ND side of the river.
- Sep 15 by TrixieRN1Grateful!
- Sep 15 by DdestinyAfter going from working every other weekend as a certified medication aide while in nursing school (less than $200/month, not even enough to cover gas to clinicals, but at least it was somthing), to working a 40-42 hour work week as as LPN at a job that paid 60% more per hour....I opened my online banking and couldn't believe my eyes! I "print screened" it and emailed it to my husband!
It was an amazing validation for a year of hard work, especially considering so many people in this economy are having problems finding jobs with much more advanced degrees!
Can't wait to see what it will be as an ADN, but it's hard to beat the contrast from 8 hours/week as a CMA to FT LPN. =)
- Sep 15 by gloryfiedI was lost. Here I am, 23 years old, with almost 2,000 dollars in 2 weeks. WOW! What do I go and do now, ? after paying bills, I still felt rich, do I spend it recklessly? .....oh no. my mom taught me better than that. but after almost 2 years of working, I feel like we don't get paid enough for the **** we deal with