Jump to content

Yale GEPN 2021

Posted

You are reading page 43 of Yale GEPN 2021. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

6 hours ago, peds_baby said:

long time reader here! just wanted to mention how much I appreciate all of the people on this thread. y’all have been immensely helpful and supportive, and I can’t thank you enough. just finished my interview, loved connecting with a member of YSN, definitely trying to think positive thoughts about how it went. cheers to getting it done and good luck to those who have an upcoming interview!

Glad you're here 😉 

On 1/8/2021 at 12:24 PM, futurenp6388 said:

I had my interview yesterday and think it went well as well. to those interviewing next week, try and relax this weekend, you’ve made it this far! My interviewer told me we would be hearing ON February 1st, not the week of, but they may have been incorrect. regardless, we have less than a month, we can do this!!

Just saw this comment - sure hope it's right that it's "on" the 1st! 

21 hours ago, secondtimer14 said:

Just saw this comment - sure hope it's right that it's "on" the 1st! 

I have a theory that it is - people who are accepted have to give their responses on the 22nd, which is exactly 3 weeks after the 1st...I don't think they would give people less than 3 weeks...also could be wishful thinking! 

4 hours ago, TellMeSomethingGood said:

I have a theory that it is - people who are accepted have to give their responses on the 22nd, which is exactly 3 weeks after the 1st...I don't think they would give people less than 3 weeks...also could be wishful thinking! 

INTERESTING 

I have been STRESSING. I cannot believe we have another two weeks of waiting! I keep trying to keep myself calm and positive because I know it's out of my hands, but I can't help myself. I am still compulsively checking my email.

If anyone else is like me and needs a solid laugh, here is a link to a reddit post about a Yale interview gone... wrong? LOL enjoy https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/eqriom/i_tried_to_kiss_my_interviewer_are_my_chances/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I only applied to yale. Anyone else?

2 hours ago, ChemGirl713 said:

I have been STRESSING. I cannot believe we have another two weeks of waiting! I keep trying to keep myself calm and positive because I know it's out of my hands, but I can't help myself. I am still compulsively checking my email.

If anyone else is like me and needs a solid laugh, here is a link to a reddit post about a Yale interview gone... wrong? LOL enjoy https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/eqriom/i_tried_to_kiss_my_interviewer_are_my_chances/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

I'm stressing too. It is getting closer though. Ever so slowly. 

FWIW my interviewer mentioned unsolicitedly that they are meeting third week of Jan to discuss decisions, decisions "she guesses" will be first week of Feb. I am hoping with faculty meeting third week, Feb 1 is a strong possibility. Do scholarships come out right away with decisions? I could see that taking a good chunk of extra time to figure out  even if they know who they're admitting.

Hi Everyone, I had my interview today. So glad to be done! My interviewer said they have to give Admissions their list of who is in next week. However, I don't think we will get to find out decisions until first week of Feb. 

I really hope it’s not just based on interview. My application is stellar. My interview was alright (not conversational at all even tho I tried to make it be)

5 minutes ago, confuseddog said:

I really hope it’s not just based on interview. My application is stellar. My interview was alright (not conversational at all even tho I tried to make it be)

I don't work for admissions or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's *not* just based on interview. Yale prides itself on its holistic process. 

And I'm quite worried I didn't get to hit enough of my main talking points in my conversational interview, so grass is always greener 😉

@secondtimer14 I wonder if we had the same CNM interviewer! I felt the same--the conversation style was more relaxing but I think I missed some of my talking points because of it! And my interviewer also unsolicitedly said they were going to be meeting to discuss in the third week about applicants and also guessed about when the decisions would be released. Perhaps it's different for different specialties?

Either way, I think they will look holistically. Coming from someone with "lower" stats and not much healthcare experience, I really hope they look at EVERYTHING and not just one aspect of the application.

Longest three weeks of my life.......

6 hours ago, ChemGirl713 said:

@secondtimer14 I wonder if we had the same CNM interviewer! I felt the same--the conversation style was more relaxing but I think I missed some of my talking points because of it! And my interviewer also unsolicitedly said they were going to be meeting to discuss in the third week about applicants and also guessed about when the decisions would be released. Perhaps it's different for different specialties?

Either way, I think they will look holistically. Coming from someone with "lower" stats and not much healthcare experience, I really hope they look at EVERYTHING and not just one aspect of the application.

Longest three weeks of my life.......

I feel the same exact ways as you re my interview, application, etc. I had my interview last week, and haven’t been able to sleep much since. I have so much self doubt about my interview, and am just trying to shut off the thoughts at this point. I got accepted into Columbia the same day as my interview, but all I can think about it Yale!