Jump to content

UBC BSN September 2019 Applicants

School Programs   (40,512 Views 630 Comments)
by mb96 mb96 (Member)

626 Profile Views; 146 Posts

You are reading page 48 of UBC BSN September 2019 Applicants. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

4 Posts; 38 Profile Views

21 minutes ago, ChantelleD said:

 Mine too! I accepted my offer but when I go to pay my fees, it says I have no outstanding balance. Shouldn't the admission fee be there for me to pay as soon as I accept?

It didn't ask me to pay an acceptance deposit either! I'm a current UBC undergrad (just finished my third year), and this is just a program change for me so maybe that's why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

21 Posts; 72 Profile Views

4 minutes ago, F432 said:

It didn't ask me to pay an acceptance deposit either! I'm a current UBC undergrad (just finished my third year), and this is just a program change for me so maybe that's why? 

I took two individual courses at UBC (not a degree) in 2016...I can see my past payments from those dates. I only paid a $250 registration deposit then. I register for classes on Wednesday and don't want this lack of payment messing it up! I'll call UBC tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

4 Posts; 38 Profile Views

2 hours ago, ChantelleD said:

 I took two individual courses at UBC (not a degree) in 2016...I can see my past payments from those dates. I only paid a $250 registration deposit then. I register for classes on Wednesday and don't want this lack of payment messing it up! I'll call UBC tomorrow.

Yeah for sure! The email says we're supposed to pay an acceptance deposit, so this doesn't make sense.

Let me know what they say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

20 Posts; 273 Profile Views

8 hours ago, ChantelleD said:

Mine too! I accepted my offer but when I go to pay my fees, it says I have no outstanding balance. Shouldn't the admission fee be there for me to pay as soon as I accept?

I don't think that Ssc asks you to pay the deposit if you have attended UBC before and have >=$100 tuition credit left! Or that's what a brock hall representative said.

I also could not pay the $100 deposit because I had some tuition credit left and I'm still in the program so I guess he was right? 😅

Edited by vancouverbsn2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

146 Posts; 626 Profile Views

2 hours ago, vancouverbsn2019 said:

I don't think that Ssc asks you to pay the deposit if you have attended UBC before and have >=$100 tuition credit left! Or that's what a brock hall representative said.

I also could not pay the $100 deposit because I had some tuition credit left and I'm still in the program so I guess he was right? 😅

Ahah, yeah, I think students who applied to UBC BSN as a Program Change only pay $100 for the deposit /unless/ you have some $100 tuition credit left over which is applied to it. I only paid $100 as well 😛

Edited by mb96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

93 Posts; 438 Profile Views

3 minutes ago, sss29 said:

registered for my courses! this is soooo exciting 😛

 

sameeeeeee!!!!! i'm SO excited. Have fun everyone that ends up going to the meetup tomorrow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

21 Posts; 72 Profile Views

12 hours ago, F432 said:

Yeah for sure! The email says we're supposed to pay an acceptance deposit, so this doesn't make sense.

Let me know what they say?

I spoke with an adviser. Basically, even though I took two random courses 3 years ago, I was still considered an unclassified student. I currently have a $148 credit on my account so there is no need to pay an additional deposit ($100 down payment because I'm a current student) and don't need to pay $500. That's nice. I can wait for loans to come in! I'm just very confused on how to register (no idea what STT is) but I'm bringing my computer to the meetup tonight and someone agreed to help me out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

95 Posts; 564 Profile Views

18 minutes ago, ChantelleD said:

I spoke with an adviser. Basically, even though I took two random courses 3 years ago, I was still considered an unclassified student. I currently have a $148 credit on my account so there is no need to pay an additional deposit ($100 down payment because I'm a current student) and don't need to pay $500. That's nice. I can wait for loans to come in! I'm just very confused on how to register (no idea what STT is) but I'm bringing my computer to the meetup tonight and someone agreed to help me out. 

Same! I had no idea what STT was initially. You just click 'Browse' on the registration section and then click 'BSN' and add it to your worklist. 

Edited by sss29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

95 Posts; 564 Profile Views

Does anyone know whether we pay the full tuition amount (~$7000) before Sept 4? Or can we pay the term 2 tuition fee by January 2020? 

Not sure how it works, at SFU we only registered for 1 semester at a time

Edited by sss29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

93 Posts; 438 Profile Views

22 minutes ago, ChantelleD said:

I spoke with an adviser. Basically, even though I took two random courses 3 years ago, I was still considered an unclassified student. I currently have a $148 credit on my account so there is no need to pay an additional deposit ($100 down payment because I'm a current student) and don't need to pay $500. That's nice. I can wait for loans to come in! I'm just very confused on how to register (no idea what STT is) but I'm bringing my computer to the meetup tonight and someone agreed to help me out. 

It's very easy! Log-in to SSC, hover over "Registration", click "Standard Timetables", click the "Program" tab and register yourself in the BSN program. On the page where it lists the different standard timetable programs, select BSN, and register yourself into the Year 3 standard timetable. To make sure you have correctly registered, hover over the "registration" tab and click timetable.

Edited by sumad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

93 Posts; 438 Profile Views

4 minutes ago, sss29 said:

Does anyone know whether we pay the full tuition amount (~$7000) before Sept 4? Or can we pay the term 2 tuition fee by January 2020? 

Usually at UBC, they collect term 2 payments closer to term 2. It should be the same for this program? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×