Jump to content

UBC BSN September 2019 Applicants

School Programs   (37,707 Views 617 Comments)
by mb96 mb96 (Member)

575 Visitors; 144 Posts

advertisement

You are reading page 40 of UBC BSN September 2019 Applicants. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

34 Visitors; 3 Posts

Does anyone know if it’s manageable to work 10-12hrs a week while in the accelerated program? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 😀

Edited by jhhe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

224 Visitors; 18 Posts

6 minutes ago, jhhe said:

Does anyone know if it’s manageable to work 10-12hrs a week while in the accelerated program? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 😀

You should post this on the google doc for the upper cohorts to answer! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

575 Visitors; 144 Posts

On 5/21/2019 at 3:57 PM, jhhe said:

Does anyone know if it’s manageable to work 10-12hrs a week while in the accelerated program? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 😀

A few upper cohorts I talked to by DM (ie Reddit) said Nursing School is more difficult and stressful if you have a full-time job. Part-time jobs are still additionally hard to balance with our courseload, but a few students manage. The bottom line is that Nursing School is already rigorous and it's advisable to not work. Of course, the decision is totally up to you!! Do what's best from your perspective 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

575 Visitors; 144 Posts

Hi friends, does anyone know if our acceptance deposit of $100 is also our registration deposit of $100? (I’m a current UBC student who applied to the BSN program as a change of degree student). Or else I assume we need to pay $100 twice 😛 Thanks everybody 

Edited by mb96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Visitors; 3 Posts

On 5/25/2019 at 12:35 PM, mb96 said:

Hi friends, does anyone know if our acceptance deposit of $100 is also our registration deposit of $100? (I’m a current UBC student who applied to the BSN program as a change of degree student). Or else I assume we need to pay $100 twice 😛 Thanks everybody 

Hi guys, this is my first time posting. I have been accepted as well! I think I'm in the same situation since I am a change of degree student as well... I believe you do not need to pay $100 twice? Do you mean registration deposit to use to sign up and pay for classes? When i go to financial summary on ssc, it just says that there are no outstanding amounts to pay and it is also used as tuition credit.

Also just curious to know whether or not anyone has gotten a mailed letter of admission or whether it is available on ssc under the admissions tab? Thanks 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

575 Visitors; 144 Posts

2 hours ago, ecallie said:

Hi guys, this is my first time posting. I have been accepted as well! I think I'm in the same situation since I am a change of degree student as well... I believe you do not need to pay $100 twice? Do you mean registration deposit to use to sign up and pay for classes? When i go to financial summary on ssc, it just says that there are no outstanding amounts to pay and it is also used as tuition credit.

Also just curious to know whether or not anyone has gotten a mailed letter of admission or whether it is available on ssc under the admissions tab? Thanks 🙂

Ohh, so did you already pay the acceptance deposit of $100? And don’t have to pay $100 again for registration (signing up for classes)? I haven’t paid the acceptance deposit yet because I’m waiting until Jun 7 for my bigger paycheque :p 

I’m also curious about the admission letter!

Edited by mb96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 Visitors; 8 Posts

I saw it mentioned a while back not to go to Vancouver First Aid, but I just wanted to pass on my experience with the CPR class. 

In summary, I had no issues whatsoever. Hahaha 

I went last week, the class was from 9am to 1pm, with a break in the middle. I wrote a quiz, and got my certificate (as in a card) saying I was certified. I uploaded it to my canvas, and it was accepted. 

So overall, no issues. 🙂 I went to the location on Kingsway, and the teacher was nice and thorough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

184 Visitors; 38 Posts

Where do I pay the 100$ fee??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Visitors; 3 Posts

22 hours ago, mb96 said:

Ohh, so did you already pay the acceptance deposit of $100? And don’t have to pay $100 again for registration (signing up for classes)? I haven’t paid the acceptance deposit yet because I’m waiting until Jun 7 for my bigger paycheque :p 

I’m also curious about the admission letter!

Yes I have already paid the acceptance deposit to secure my seat in the program! When I go on financial summary, it just states that the $100 is used as "tuition credit"  and that I am "up to date" with no outstanding amounts to pay so I believe there's no need to pay $100 again for registration! Oh I see, you should be fine since it's still before the deadline 🙂

Ok, so you don't see the admission letter on ssc either? And you haven't gotten a mailed letter either?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 Visitors; 3 Posts

5 hours ago, alh123 said:

Where do I pay the 100$ fee??

You can pay it on SSC! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

575 Visitors; 144 Posts

2 hours ago, ecallie said:

Yes I have already paid the acceptance deposit to secure my seat in the program! When I go on financial summary, it just states that the $100 is used as "tuition credit"  and that I am "up to date" with no outstanding amounts to pay so I believe there's no need to pay $100 again for registration! Oh I see, you should be fine since it's still before the deadline 🙂

Ok, so you don't see the admission letter on ssc either? And you haven't gotten a mailed letter either?

Thank you so much ecallie! It does say that I should pay my 2019W BSN fee (that's the format of semesters to register for; the year i.e. 2019 and W, which means Winter; I also looked at my previous financial statements) by "accepting my offer" before June 15, so it's definitely clear that my acceptance = registration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

533 Visitors; 93 Posts

I haven't received a letter in the mail yet! :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×