Audiometer.

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

I need to borrow one but no one in my district will lent me theirs.

Now they are asking me to buy one from Amazon, but I'm not sure which one to buy.

help?

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

WHHHAAAAT?

There's a budget for it, right? That just sounds odd. Ambco 500 was what I used in the last district. I have an ancient Beltone Audio Scout here and it still works great! Those are about $700. This is usually something your department head would do for you.

Stupid Amazon is telling me I need a Medical license to buy an audiometer from them! What the hell?

Specializes in Telemetry, Gastroenterology, School Nrs.

I purchased ours through School Nurse supply. IS that something they will consider purchasing through, instead of Amazon?

I purchased ours through School Nurse supply. IS that something they will consider purchasing through, instead of Amazon?

The reason we don't want to is because that eats up my budget for things for my clinic.

Specializes in Home Health,Dialysis, MDS, School Nurse.

Where does the money come from to buy from Amazon, if not from your budget?

Where does the money come from to buy from Amazon, if not from your budget?

School budget.

But it was fixed. I got one from one the other MAs in my district.

Specializes in IMC, school nursing.

Honestly, I don't understand the rationale for districts to have one per school. There should be a co-op between schools for testing equipment. It only gets used a fraction of the school year. Have rolling deadlines throughout the year for different schools. Same thing with lawn equipment, etc.

Honestly, I don't understand the rationale for districts to have one per school. There should be a co-op between schools for testing equipment. It only gets used a fraction of the school year. Have rolling deadlines throughout the year for different schools. Same thing with lawn equipment, etc.

Well I'm SUPPOSE to get it back soon, but let's see how it goes. :/

+ Add a Comment