Recommendations for all online RN-BSN

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

I've seen a lot about Western Governors, I don't personally know anyone who does classes through there however. I was wondering what people would suggest, in addition to , as a good online RN-BSN program that is accredited. I have already looked into my local options here in Nebraska like UNMC and Wesleyan and Clarkson. Does anyone have any suggestions, recommendations or even opinions or reviews of programs you have completed?

Thanks

Specializes in CMSRN, hospice.

Stevenson University. Great online program, I found it very easy to incorporate into my life, even working full-time nights.

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

Mr. Ruby Jane went through Grand Canyon and he was pretty satisfied, especially when he compared notes with some of the other RN to BSNs at his workplace.

Specializes in Ambulatory Care-Family Medicine.

I am currently going through university of Texas at Tyler. I'm loving it so far, classes are flexible and built for full time working adults.

One other question I should have maybe added in, if I am licensed in Nebraska, can I do a 100% online program through any school in a compact state? I noticed some schools specify you must have "Texas state license", or "Florida state license". Does this mean I would have to apply for a temporary license in a compact only state, or how does this work in terms of doing an online RN-BSN if you choose a school that is located out of state?

Specializes in PMHNP.

I am a grad and hundred percent team WGU. It is 100% online, you can do it with any state license, it's fully accredited, extremely flexible, can be completed quickly, and is the most affordable option I'm aware of.

The school has other perks that people don't usually mention like a career center where you can schedule time to speak with someone and get assistance with resume writing and Linkedin profiles and get assistance with interviewing skills, even mock interviews. That's offered to students and alumni.

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate some specifics about that I had not hear yet, especially the state license issue I was not aware if you needed a certain states license. Did you feel overall that the difficulty of the work was pretty hard or relatively easy in an overall sense?

Specializes in PMHNP.

Some courses I was able to take the final exam and test out of, such as care of the older adult. Evidence based research was challenging, it's like learning a new language. But I think any school would require that, and I feel more informed and capable of using evidence based research now because of it.

My Capstone project was about Community nursing and Leadership. It's challenging but when it was all done I felt more connected to my community and my role as a nurse. So it's half easy, half challenging, and over before you know it :-)

WGU is $3,750 the first semester. I think it's like $3,500 for the second semester? Semesters are 6 months long, you can complete as many courses as you can in that time. Some people complete the program in six months. I took about 10, but I drug my feet a little bit

WGU student here...currently struggling through Evidence Based Practice. It is a great program. I am in my second term and expect to be

finished by June of next year. Biochemistry was quite difficult. The hardest thing for me is navigating the computer. I have been using various EMRs on the job for years but that was the extent of my computer skills. I would rather take an objective test than write a paper.

Writing is not difficult for me but the mechanics of the computer is very frustrating. So I am learning more than BSN skills lol.

I tell everyone at work now great the program is and will probably continue for my MSN.

+ Add a Comment