Update post-mental exhaustion

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Specializes in SRNA.

I don't know if you guys remember me, but I had posted back in August how I practically stopped trying to do well as I got closer to graduating from my ABSN program.

Fast forward...I graduated Aug 31st (it was at this point my motivation came back haha). Received my ATT 14 business days later and took my NCLEX 10/1. I did 100 questions a day for 10 days using Kaplan QBank, remediated every single question, and was averaging 50s-62s. I took the readiness exam 4 days before the NCLEX and scored a 69% which placed me in the 98% of passing the first try category.

I watched TV for 2 days straight and only reviewed Chem7 and CBC values...nothing strenuous before the exam. I didn't sleep at all the night before because this was my career on the line. I had no appetite in the morning because I was nervous and I tend to eat my first meal of the day around 11a-12p.

During the exam, I took it reaaaal slow because I didn't want to flirt with the danger of failing. I got to question 75 and I stopped for a good 5 minutes and hope that it would just shut off and send me on my way. Nope...it shut off 2 hours and 40 mins later at question #86.

86 questions later; a ton of prioritization and delegation questions, 5-6 SATAs, 1 picture, 3 drag and drops, 3 Pharm, no calculations, a bazillion PVT tricks, and 48 hours waiting in limbo....I passed. Nursing school exams and Kaplan exams were so much harder I think I started over thinking the questions early on during the NCLEX.

Good luck to all of those waiting to take the exam...My #1 suggestion is to take it at the earliest possibility status post receiving your ATT.

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

Congratulations

+ Add a Comment