Will a littering ticket stop me from taking NCLEX and getting my license?

Nurses Career Support

Published

Specializes in Medical Legal Consultant.

Hello Lorie,

I have a littering ticket from 7 years ago that I have a warrant for. I am about to graduate and i am afraid that this will stop me from taking the the NcLex and getting my license. I would like to know what I should do.

Dear Littering,

You will need to review the question on your license application. In my state, it asks except for minor traffic violations. If you were not arrested, charged or convicted and it's not considered a misdemeanor, you may not have to respond. Regardless, you have to read the question very carefully. Do not ask the Board how to interpret the question because they are not attorneys. Should your state allow expungement, that may be the best way to resolve this issue.

Best of luck to you,

Lorie

Specializes in MDS/ UR.

You may want to clear up the warrant too, just saying...

Exactly. Outstanding warrants might come up on a facility background check, or a landlord background check. Plus if you get pulled over for anything the officer has to bring you in for an outstanding warrant. Even possibly going through a border, or similar it might come up.

Specializes in Psych, Corrections, Med-Surg, Ambulatory.
Exactly. Outstanding warrants might come up on a facility background check, or a landlord background check. Plus if you get pulled over for anything the officer has to bring you in for an outstanding warrant. Even possibly going through a border, or similar it might come up.

I second this. You don't want an outstanding warrant hanging over your head. You might want to call a lawyer and find out the best way to take care of this.

+ Add a Comment