Has anyone completed an online post-MSN certificate in Psych?

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

I am looking to complete an online psych-post master certificate. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am an FNP w three years of experience, but I work with many individuals w/ mental health conditions, and unfortunately, I am in a rural area and w/ few to no access to psychiatrists or PMHNPs.

TIA.

I attend Maryville's online post masters certificate program. I am in adult primary, but I know they have a psych certificate as well. From the information I have read, they accept previous degrees and require only clinical for the speciality. Of course they will have to review all your previous courses. Once I graduate with my adult primary if I decided to go back to complete FNP, I would only need to take the clinical courses in peds and women health. Does that make sense?

Specializes in Family Nurse Practitioner.

Please find a way to get some time in on an inpatient psychiatric unit. There are too many FNP or new psych NPs with no formal psychiatric experience screwing up diagnostics and medications now.

Please find a way to get some time in on an inpatient psychiatric unit. There are too many FNP or new psych NPs with no formal psychiatric experience screwing up diagnostics and medications now.

This times 100. I literally have seen new RN's sign up for psych nurse practitioner programs and come to my site for clinicals. They have zero psych experience and thier Jaws drop when they see patients smearing their feces everywhere , biting their flesh, and banging their heads violently against the door. This is inpatient mental health. Volunteer in inpatient psych and see if it is for you. It is not for everyone. The shocked students didn't come back and some dropped the programs.....but they wasted a lot of tuition money before clinicals going into a field so blindly.

+ Add a Comment