NP preceptor programs at Boston College

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

Hello all! I am an RN interested in the NP program. Does anyone on Allnurses have any experience or know which NP schools in Massachusetts offer assistance or placements in preceptorship programs? I am interested in Boston College and Simmons specifically, however, my decision will be based on which programs offer assistance in clinical placements. I know many nurses who are studying or have completed their NP programs and they were responsible for finding their own clinical placements. Does anyone have any information about NP residency programs as well?

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

Moved to student NP forum

Specializes in allergy and asthma, urgent care.

Also look at Mass General Institute of Health Professions, along with BC and Simmons.

Thanks for your reply BCgradnurse! I've looked into MGH institute of Health professions and Simmons. I don't think they offer assistance with finding preceptors. From my understanding, the NP student is responsible for finding their own preceptors/clinical placements. Correct me if I am wrong.

Does BC assist the NP students with finding preceptors/clinical placements or do the students have to find their own? How do you like the program?

Specializes in Psych/Mental Health.

MGH IHP, Northeastern University, and Boston College guarantee placements (i.e., you don't need to find your own preceptors).

Specializes in Adult Internal Medicine.

Simmons, BC, MGHIHP are all great B&M programs that secure preceptorships.

Specializes in Family Nurse Practitioner.

Refreshing! Someone interested in a quality program as opposed to all the requests for the cheapest, shortest...

+ Add a Comment