West Coast Univ.... learn from my mistake

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

A lot of people have shown interest in West Coast University, I was also one of those people. If you are thinking of going there be aware that they have changed how they teach their science courses! They are now blended learning which essentially means ... you get to teach yourself the material. For the amount of money you will be paying it is not worth it. West coast is a shady school, I wish I would have listened to the people on here that said not to go. They are telling the truth. I'm telling you now from here on out West coast has completely changed how they do their classes! You've been warned!!! Stay away from there. They are getting sooo much money from students that are having to teach themselves. All of their science classes are now like this & eventually all of their classes with be "blended" learning. After 5 weeks I already have a hefty loan to pay back... yay!

A lot of people have shown interest in West Coast University, I was also one of those people. If you are thinking of going there be aware that they have changed how they teach their science courses! They are now blended learning which essentially means ... you get to teach yourself the material. For the amount of money you will be paying it is not worth it. West coast is a shady school, I wish I would have listened to the people on here that said not to go. They are telling the truth. I'm telling you now from here on out West coast has completely changed how they do their classes! You've been warned!!! Stay away from there. They are getting sooo much money from students that are having to teach themselves. All of their science classes are now like this & eventually all of their classes with be "blended" learning. After 5 weeks I already have a hefty loan to pay back... yay!

Well, that sounds a lot like every other nursing program ...except for the cost. If you get in somewhere else, count on a lot of self-teaching there, too.

Good luck to you!

For pre reqs schools are not making you self teach at all. For example at west coast you have anatomy class 2 hours of lecture. The teacher will only Go over 1 of however many chapters you need to learn for that week. The rest of the stuff YOU are on your own to learn. I've taken anatomy before during an 18 week semester & never had to self teach anything never had to learn such in depth stuff in an anatomy class, which is also fast track.This is something completely new the school is doing. I've talked to people that have graduated from this school & they were taught the "traditional" way. Blended learning is not working out for students here, if over half a class has failed something should have been done IF the school actually cared about their students.

For pre reqs schools are not making you self teach at all. For example at west coast you have anatomy class 2 hours of lecture. The teacher will only Go over 1 of however many chapters you need to learn for that week. The rest of the stuff YOU are on your own to learn. I've taken anatomy before during an 18 week semester & never had to self teach anything never had to learn such in depth stuff in an anatomy class, which is also fast track.This is something completely new the school is doing. I've talked to people that have graduated from this school & they were taught the "traditional" way. Blended learning is not working out for students here, if over half a class has failed something should have been done IF the school actually cared about their students.

That does sound like my community college anatomy class, but I don't know how it is everywhere. With schools like west coast who accept "anyone" willing to pay, I'd expect a higher failure rate., unfortunately.

They actually have a good passing rate that's not the issue here. The problem is they are changing their teaching ways to better accommodate them & still get money but are failing to take into consideration how terrible blended learning is, especially in a fast track 10 week program. This are a mess over there. Lab & lecture taught by different people, teaching 2 different things. Their new ways are it effective. I've gone all the way up to the dean & he even agreed things are a little rocky with the blended learning.

+ Add a Comment