Nervous about saying No.

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

So I applied to two universities in my geographic area both offering BSN's. I found out this week that I was offered a position at both.

Maybe I'm being silly but I am scared to death to tell my 2nd choice thank you for the offer but I won't be attending. Im scared that as soon as I send that email something will happen with my 1st choice (volcano magically appears in the middle of the campus?) and I will then be stuck with no school for the fall.

Crazy paranoid? Definitely, but as hard as I busted my butt of the last few semesters on pre-reqs Im terrified of something jinxing the whole thing.

Anyone else felt this way before?

You're lucky to even have gotten into any schools. I'm still struggling. But I think you should compare the schools and you dont even have to tell the school no. Just dont answer. May I know the area or the schools because it must be a reason for you to think something so crazy could happen lol.

You're lucky to even have gotten into any schools. I'm still struggling. But I think you should compare the schools and you dont even have to tell the school no. Just dont answer. May I know the area or the schools because it must be a reason for you to think something so crazy could happen lol.

Not answering an offer is impolite. There are students on the waiting list who deserve to be notified as soon as possible, if someone is going to accept their spot.

You're right. I never thought about it like that.

Not answering an offer is impolite. There are students on the waiting list who deserve to be notified as soon as possible, if someone is going to accept their spot.

Leave it until a little closer to the cutoff point and then send them a letter thanking them for the offer, but say that something else has come up which means that you won't be able to attend that University. Doesn't have to be really elaborate, but thanking them for the opportunity to study with them generally goes down pretty well.

Congrats on being accepted to two!

Well I sent the official email back to choice #2 today letting them know I wont be attending.

All my eggs are in one basket. :-(

I wont feel "safe" until the first day of class.

Specializes in mental health / psychiatic nursing.
Well I sent the official email back to choice #2 today letting them know I wont be attending.

I think it's pretty normal to feel nervous about this as it doesn't really feel "real" until classes start and everything. But everything will be fine. Schools are declined by students all the time. At some point you have to make a choice about where you will be attending and you did!

I think you will be okay! It's a joy to have the opportunity to pick from two colleges :).

I don't think it will sink in for me either until I sit in that first lecture in the fall. It's so surreal haha

totally normal :) You'll be fine (and btw, I'm in that same boat of not feeling 'safe')

+ Add a Comment