Parkland Dallas Fall 2018 Nurse Residency

Nurses Career Support

Published

Anyone applying to Parkland? So far I only see SICU and ED

I have received a job offer but I am a little apprehensive about the 2 year contract. How do y'all feel about it?

My offer requires a 3 year contract, I was apprehensive about it too because I don't want to be tied down by a contract, I plan on staying there long but the contract does make you rethink the offer. I've asked several of my nursing friends how they felt about it they told me to go ahead and take it because working at Parkland is great experience and it can open a lot of doors :)

4 years???! Woahh that's a bit much! The turnover rate is concerning to me as well.. However, so far it's my only job offer so I'm feeling mixed emotions about it. On one end I'm afraid of signing a contract without truly knowing about the work environment but on the other end I don't want to remain unemployed lol.

Also, from what I was told during the interview, the contract doesn't start until after the residency, so maybe give it a try so you can see how the work environment is and how your coworkers will be, if you don't like it, then you can just tell its just not for you...I'm in the same boat as you lol

I took an offer on the surgical specialty floor and it requires a 2 year contract. I am not thrillled about a contract however, 2 years will go by fast. I also look at this as a great learning experience. Once you get the 2 years experience, it will be easier to get a position at other hospitals.

Has anyone else heard back from the ED?

I took an offer on the surgical specialty floor and it requires a 2 year contract. I am not thrillled about a contract however, 2 years will go by fast. I also look at this as a great learning experience. Once you get the 2 years experience, it will be easier to get a position at other hospitals.

Your surgical specialty, is it PCU/ICU? I have an interview so I don't want to get my hopes up

Med surg/surgical specialties

Hey Quick question! When yall applied did it syt Nurse Resident or Like "feb 2019 nurse residency". I'm applying for the spring and I randomly stumbled across a L &D "nurse resident" position that is due today. It however, does not have start dates on it and I can't find a dedicated page on the nurse residency program. Did you just check often to see if things were posted?

I think mine was just titled nurse Resident like you said. However I think the start date was posted somewhere on the link.

Yes in the beginning of July

I accepted unofficial job offer for the ED, anyone else who is waiting for official job offer?

I applied to the ER, was given an interview on July 31st and I just heard back from them today that I got an offer!

Did you take the offer? and if so have you accepted your official offer yet and signed contract? I recently accepted a job offer but am still waiting for the official offer letter and contract.

+ Add a Comment