Having trouble finding path to RN

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

So I finished my third year of college recently and I got rejected from the nursing programs (BSN) I've applied to for the second year in a row (I'm from California) and I have no idea how to get there. I know my stats are really low but I want to get into a nursing program somewhere.

My science prereqs (Chem, Anatomy/Phys 1+2, Microbio): 3.13 (if you include the +/-)

My non science prereqs (english, comm, philosophy, stats, psych): 3.48 (if you include the +/-)

Current cumulative GPA: 3.59

TEAS score: 86.7

HESI: 86.7

I don't know what to do because I can't retake classes because of my grades but my grades aren't that good. Any opinions?

If you're willing to move, you could look for programs with waiting lists or lottery systems. They're becoming less common, though.

You might also consider looking at LVN programs to see if it's possible to get into one of them. Then you might be able to get into a bridge program right away (hopefully).

Maybe consider applying to ADN programs and LVN programs. I'm from California and I applied to 4 ADN programs (2 lottery based and 2 point systems) and I got accepted to a school. My gpa and test scores were similar to yours.

Which ADN programs did you apply to?

Which ADN programs did you apply to?

I'm from SoCal, so i applied to Glendale, Cerritos, MSJC, and SBVC.

Hi! I would suggest try applying for ADN programs. My TEAS score wasn't high enough and I got rejected from BSN programs, but fortunately I got into an ADN program! ADN programs are either merit-based or lottery system.

+ Add a Comment