UC Davis Medical Center RN Residency Summer/Fall 2018

U.S.A. California

Published

Hey my fellow new grad nurses! I just wanted to start a thread for those applying to the UC Davis RN Residency program for the August and October 2018 start dates. The application opens May 2-9. Let's keep each other updated and informed about our application/interview processes and for any additional info you may receive from other sources about the residency program (i.e. people who work there, if you did clinicals there, any info you receive from nursing recruitment).

Good luck to you all in your new grad RN job search!!! :nailbiting:

I heard PICU was not hiring any new grads this year :/

Darn...that's bad news. I really wanted the PICU. I will take anything in peds but I really loved the PICU during my preceptorship.

any other news :)

Where did you hear PICU wasn't hiring? :(

Specializes in Medical-Surgical Nursing.
any other news :)

I haven't heard anything from UCDMC yet. I already accepted a job offer from another hospital for their new RN residency program as well. It'll start on July 23. I also have another interview next week for a new RN residency program from another hospital.

I really want to work at UCDMC especially at their Med-Surg or Telemetry department. But probably it's not for me. So I just have to grab other opportunities instead of waiting from them for nothing. Hehe.

Apparently the NICU isn't hiring either and that's where I had my preceptorship :( the recruiter said possibly for the October cohort but it's not definitive

Did you guys call HR and ask who was and wasn't hiring?? Does anyone know who IS hiring?:(

I called the HR person for the Nurse Residency program (link below). I wish they would give out a list of units or something that would be more helpful

UC Davis Health - Talent Acquisition | Human Resources

Do they send out rejection emails?

Good question.. í ½í¸³

No I just called the recruiter and asked about the NICU specifically, if you want to know I would call

You guys are right, PICU is not hiring :(

+ Add a Comment