A&P 2 Disaster!!!!

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

I'm currently struggling in A&P2. My prof is so knowledgeable about the subject that he just hops around a ton during lecture. We only have exams as our grades, we just received our first exam back today. He had to give a 25 pt curve :dead: The class only meets 1 day a week and the rest is basically self teaching online (hybrid class). I'm also taking Micro which I'm doing ok in. I don't want to fail both classes. Should I drop A&P then take it in the summer or in fall as a regular everyday class?

I can't help with whether or not you should drop it, I think only you will know what is best for you. Do you have the possibility of seeing how the next test goes before your drop deadline approaches? I'm in A&P II right now as well. Are there tutors available on campus? We have them available at the library. If you're having trouble now, I wouldn't do it in the summer, that tends to be a shorter semester-faster paced class. I was actually told by my advisor here that the summer pass rate is not high. Both A&Ps are intense. I would choose fall and non-hybrid, all in class, if you do decide to make a change. Best of luck!

If you did okay with the curve, you should see if you are able to stick with it, especially since a summer course will be condensed and thus a bit harder. Stop relying on the professor to learn the information. Think about watching video lectures. Khan Academy has a massive number of A&P videos, and I found whole lectures that were based on my textbook on Youtube. Heck, googling A&P lectures gave me links like: Anatomy and Physiology Part I

There's also podcasts and such available.

There's a ton of resources available now days for lots of things, so it's very possible to leverage those to learn what you need to.

I took A&P 1 online last summer great prof no problem understood the material well got an A. This professor is just so unorganized that my notes and thoughts are all unorganized. The drop deadline is next week hence my huge dilemma.

The professor provides YouTube videos that he made, book excerpts that he's written plus his PowerPoints. He creates the study material the tells us to pay attention to one portion and not the other. It's hard to gauge where he says pulling the info from. We have a personal tutor but he is just like my prof very scattered explanations and rambles off. I think I just need to drop and take it next semester. I just want to do well and know what the heck I'm doing; I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

Specializes in MSICU.

Are you using rate my professors? That's how I found my a&p instructor and honestly, I credit him wholeheartedly for my As and my faith in my ability to be a nurse. I mean, obviously I have to work for my grades and I believe I can be a successful nursing student and eventually a nurse. But I just find his way of teaching suits my way of learning very well. I really think the quality and teaching style of instructors contribute so much to student success. Can you take your previous instructor again for a&p II in the summer or fall?

I always use RMP. I was originally registered to take my previous prof for A&P 2 but her course was removed and I had to slim pickings on other profs to pick. He had an okay score that's why I chose to take him. I can see if the other prof is teaching it in fall but I know she's not for summer. I think I'm just going to drop it and save my gpa. That seems like the best choice.

Honestly, I personally don't think I could do a hybrid A&P2. Do you have time in the summer or next fall to do one with more class time? I need that instruction and lecture and to be able to ask real time questions. Otherwise since you're probably quite a ways into it...maybe try a tutor. Some other point of view?

Can you self-teach using online videos? I've found Crash Course and Khan academy to be super helpful. Drop it if you feel you need to, but if you want to give it another shot I'm sure you can pull things up a bit.

Honestly, I personally don't think I could do a hybrid A&P2. Do you have time in the summer or next fall to do one with more class time? I need that instruction and lecture and to be able to ask real time questions. Otherwise since you're probably quite a ways into it...maybe try a tutor. Some other point of view?

Yea I was going to take it this summer but I'm already taking 3 classes this summer and I work full time. I think I'm just going to take it for fall. That will just have to be my only class.

Can you self-teach using online videos? I've found Crash Course and Khan academy to be super helpful. Drop it if you feel you need to, but if you want to give it another shot I'm sure you can pull things up a bit.

Lol yes, I used crash course to review before A&P2. It helped but my professor was just doing the most that I couldn't keep up. I officially dropped this morning. I was just way too stressed and felt ill prepared. Thank all of y'all for the advice and help. I'm going to tackle A&P2 in fall.

+ Add a Comment