How did you choose your online RN to BSN completion program?

Nursing Students Online Learning

Published

Hello!

I am looking to start an RN to BSN program online. I have 2 schools I am looking at. Chamberlain and Aurora University. Both are 100% online programs.

If you have taken an online RN to BSN program, what made you choose the school you did? How long did it take you? Were you happy with the program? If you could go back and pick a different school, would you?

I am in the process of having my transcripts evaluated to see what my individual needs are and I am excited to get started. I have got my 2 children through college and my husband will be completing his degree in the next 2 months (never say your too old for school!) and it is time for me to get back to the books and get my BSN. Maybe one day an MSN?? DNP?? They really mean it when they say we nurses are lifelong learners!

I welcome your thoughts!

Thanks!

Specializes in EMS, ED, Trauma, CEN, CPEN, TCRN.
I really think what matters is that you make sure you go to an accredited school. Getting a job afterwards is about passing the test and selling yourself.

Yes, and CCNE/ACEN *and* regional accreditation are both important for your program to have so that you do not limit your future opportunities.

Specializes in 25 years NICU 5 years Telephone Triage.

I highly recommend Aspen University online. They offer a 0% interest loan at $250/month for 43 months. They make it very affordable. Take a look at their website!

www.aspen.edu

Specializes in EMS, ED, Trauma, CEN, CPEN, TCRN.
23 minutes ago, ILoveHorses67 said:

I highly recommend Aspen University online. They offer a 0% interest loan at $250/month for 43 months. They make it very affordable. Take a look at their website!

www.aspen.edu

The only caveat with Aspen is their lack of regional accreditation. If you don't care about that, you're fine. Just know that other schools, if you continue your education, may not recognize your courses/degree from Aspen.

Specializes in 25 years NICU 5 years Telephone Triage.
2 hours ago, Pixie.RN said:

The only caveat with Aspen is their lack of regional accreditation. If you don't care about that, you're fine. Just know that other schools, if you continue your education, may not recognize your courses/degree from Aspen.

Aspen also offers an online MSN program, so I don't see any issue with not being regionally accredited....I would just stay with Aspen. Will see if I even decide to go any further after a BSN. I've been a RN for almost 29 years, so a BSN is my goal for now.

+ Add a Comment