Is there no way to study for NCLEX

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

I have been reading articles online that say the NCLEX cannot really be studied for (Why You Can't "Study" for NCLEX - happyNCLEX). I am wondering how accurate this is. I have heard that it is both a critical thinking/common sense type of exam more than it is knowledge/content based. So you need to study how to reason your way through it. I am planning to purchase Saunders review because I really want to pass it quickly. My school has an +80% pass rate on the NCLEX, however my college requires us to pass an Exit HESI before taking the NCLEX so that may be why the pass rate is high. I have also heard cases of people who don't pass even after multiple attempts and several years after graduating.

Specializes in EMS, ED, Trauma, CEN, CPEN, TCRN.

Yes, you can study for any exam. This is a gimmick to sell a product. There are things that play into NCLEX study, such as test taking strategies and learning how to apply your knowledge to the exam, but that is all part of the preparation.

This is incorrect. You most definitely can and must study for NCLEX. I took a test preparation class for a few days in addition to practicing ATI throughout my education. If you have more questions about specifics message me.

Good luck!

Yes, there is a way to study for the NCLEX. Read NCLEX review books and do as many practice questions as possible. Study and do practice questions every day, that way you get accustomed to how questions will be on NCLEX. I read saunders and kaplan review books, answered all questions in the books and did the practice tests. I also used the NCLEX Mastery app and did ATI practice tests. I passed in 75 questions. Good luck!

I just purchased the book Simple, Fast and Easy NCLEX Review and it explains that critical thinking skills will only be enhanced if you know core content in nursing. Of course, not all 100% information but just the need to know concepts. Study nursing content in a smart way and follow it up with lots of practice questions - which are on the application levels, not the easy ones! How can a student answer problem-solving questions if he/she does not know basic concepts? I love the book because you can do a quick review of content then do practice questions. That is how it works. You definitely should study for the NCLEX!

Didn't study for NCLEX and passed on first try. It's possible.

Didn't study for NCLEX and passed on first try. It's possible.

Happy for you. So can you give us the facts on how you did not study and yet passed the Nclex. I am not doubting you, but to be honest tell us what exactly you did to pass the Nclex. Any strtegies, tricks or skills you used to succeed without studying. By the Congrats to you. Thanks

I made it through thr NCLEX RN exam ...

I Passed NCLEX RN, Inspite of having a Gap of 5-6 years in the nursing Industry. I wasn't confident whether I could make it, but a friend referred this online course by AppleRN NCLEX RN Coaching classes Online. I delicately listened to the videos, prepared and reviewed the notes and I was able to do it. The lecturer also explains us on critical thinking and medical calculations in a simple and easy method which made life easy for me to understand. Guys I would strongly advice you to refer this website if you need help in preparing your NCLEX RN exam. Before I could enroll I did go through few of their videos in youtube. They are also called AppleRN. Very promising atleast for me and my friend it worked. I bet it will work for anyone.

+ Add a Comment