Research - Nurses working in Hospitals

Nurses Stress 101

Published

Hello everyone!

if you are at least 21 years old, a full-time nurse, and working in a general hospital setting, please consider participating in our 2-part, confidential, and entirely voluntary online survey for our Masters level research course.

The purpose of this research study is to investigate whether nurses working traditional hours (Mon-Fri, between 7am and 6pm) versus non-standard (shift and rotating evenings, weekends) differ in their ability to recover from work based on their exposure to social supports and sleep. This study is being conducted after and before working hours and extends to nurses working across the United States. Your participation will help us better understand how to assist nursing professionals and hospitals in promoting recovery during weekends and time-off.

If you are interested, please start the process by clicking on the link below:

Online Survey | Built with Qualtrics Experience Managementâ„¢

The link to the second survey will be provided after you complete the first survey. You will also receive a reminder to take the survey as well. Thank you all!

STAFF NOTE: AN HAS APPROVED THIS STUDENT'S RESEARCH

Specializes in Med/Surg/Infection Control/Geriatrics.

I would help you with this if I could as I worked in several for over 18 years. But I don't do that now.

Thank you so much! Feel free to take it and explain as a comment on the second survey! Also you could definitely help by spreading the word ! Thank you

Specializes in NICU.

You need to have an option for N/A. I work only morning shifts and the survey asks about afternoon and night shifts which do not apply to me.

I'll take a look and adjust , which question where you referring to ? And which survey ?

This might be unclear but if it's the "work schedule" question. If you work morning 12 hour shifts it would either be non standard fixed or non standard rotating. Which depends on if your schedule is consistent or changes.

Was it that question?

Thank you for the feedback!

Specializes in Ambulatory Care-Family Medicine.

You need a N/A option. Like the question regarding sleep between certain shifts, I don't ever work nights so the ones specific to consecutive night shifts don't apply to me. Same would be true for the night shifters regarding consecutive day shifts.

Ok , I see! On those questions I believe it starts at 25: there's an instruction that says "applies to your work schedule ".

So you would skip anything that doesn't apply ;morning would answer according to the consecutive morning shift question and skip the other ones.

For sure there should be more clarification, Thank you!

Does that help clarify ?

Thank you all! If you are a nurse working in hospitals please consider taking this survey! two part survey but the potential is tremendous. Thanks again!

Specializes in orthopedic/trauma, Informatics, diabetes.

I completed the survey best I could, but most hospitals are 12 hour shifts. I work a weekend option-every F/S/S (days) Some of the questions don't really fit.

Also, in the demographics, I had to answer as a BSN nurse. I have my MSN, but I am not and APRN.

Hey thank you! There is a second portion as well to the survey.

Regarding some questions that don't apply, there are some questions for example 25-29 that state , select the ones that apply to your type of schedule . I will attempt at amending that question, so that it states skip those that don't apply, but it might be difficult to. Great feedback and something to consider.

Specializes in Pedi.

What if you are employed by a hospital but are community based?

+ Add a Comment