clinical sites

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

Specializes in ICU, and IR.

Ok I have read that finding a clinical site can be hard, some hospitals only work with certain schools etc. So before I start in NP school I want to find one that helps the students with placement, problem is most schools don't list on their website if that is something they offer. So any tips on helping to narrow this down? I am wanting FNP but not totally closing my options. Hoping to start up either fall or next January.

Specializes in Hospitalist Medicine.

There are quite a few schools who place students in practicums, but their tuition is pricey: Georgetown, Yale, Johns Hopkins, etc. Michigan State also finds preceptors and the didactics are online, but you have to live in or near MI for clinical placements.

Have you checked out your local university? Also I would strongly suggest going to a school that does your placement. You have no idea the amount of stress fear and anxiety many of us experience every semester. School by itself is challenging don't add anymore work than needed. There needs to be a research study done on students who have to find there own sites ...lol Try to at least find a school that will assist you with clinicals cause trust me people change jobs etc and you can lose a site just that easy.

Specializes in ICU, and IR.

That is exactly my point I just want the process to be easier and the less stress I incur with regards to clinical the better. Still hoping to find the right fit.

Specializes in Psychiatric and Mental Health NP (PMHNP).

Call the NP schools you are interested in, talk to an actual human being, and ask about clinical site placements.

+ Add a Comment