Texas Tech Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN 2019

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hey, all :happy:

Wanted to start a thread for those applying to the Spring 2019 program.

What location will you be applying to? Anyone else in Austin?

Any information/advice from current students is appreciated!

Side note: I totally dig the red scrubs. :inlove: Haha

I am really nervous. My GPA is not fantastic, and I do not have a lot of human medical care experience. I have been a vet tech for nearly ten years. I can't tell if that will help or hinder me though.

Hey Guys! I am applying to the Dallas cohort as well as UTA's program.

A few questions:

- Where is the best place to get CNA certified in Dallas?

- Where do you submit a resume on the TT application?

- Does the patho at UTA count at TT? Figured I'd kill two birds with one stone as that's the only prereq I lack.

Thanks for the suggestions guys and good luck!

I didn't see a place to upload my resume on the application but I was able to send it to Elizabeth Martinez to be added to my file.

As far as Patho goes, you may want to contact Sonia Moore with TT for clarification. Some nursing schools require that course to be taken at their school or it isn't accepted. Tech has advice on taking the class as a transient student if you aren't at Tech so my assumption would be it has to be their course.

Great I will do that! There is a course equivalency page on their website but sometimes it is like a maze navigating the whole thing!

Hello!

Ill be applying to the San Antonio cohort for 2019. I majored in biology with an overall pre req GPA of 3.8 and science GPA of 3.5. I'm currently taking patho through Texas tech online. I work at a hospital as a telemetry tech and patient care tech. I am taking the TEAs in a couple of weeks!

Specializes in MICU.

Hey friends!

Figured I'd update on what's going on with me since I last posted

1) Scored 94 composition on the TEAS

2) Majored in Cell Biology with 3.88 cumulative GPA; science GPA is 3.8

3) Currently taking Patho and will finish up in August

4) Getting CNA certified starting on Monday, hope to work as a PCT or CNA at my local hospital until December, and after that, who knows?

I'll be applying to the Austin cohort.

Good luck to all of you! I look forward to keeping up together on this journey!

I'll be applying to Lubbock. I take the TEAS test tomorrow and am very nervous about applying!

Getting closer to the ap deadline. Everyone getting everything in?

Specializes in Pediatric Hem/Onc.

I just finished sending all of my supplemental items in, eeek! :nailbiting:

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to hear back after the deadline about an interview?

I got certified at Brightside Institute in Plano! They offer a 3-week course that is M-F 8:30-3:30 or an 8-week weekend course.

Class dates and timings

I am also taking Patho online through UTA in the fall.

Hey sophiemicaela - I'll be applying to Austin...do you mind sharing where you got your CNA training? Choices are very limited in the ATX.

Nbuncher About a month I think? Has your app updated with everything received?

+ Add a Comment