Correct ABG and electrolyte values for NCLEX

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

I'm taking the NCLEX at the end of this month and desperately trying to memorize lab values. Unfortunately, it seems that each source has slightly different numbers. For example, my patho book shows normal Na+ range as 135-142, but almost every other source says 135-145. Is there an "official" or "NCLEX-approved" list somewhere?

From what I understand, if lab values are abnormal on NCLEX, they will be either very high or very low. You won't have to be guessing as to if it's abnormal or not as long as you know the general ranges. For what it's worth, I just took the NCLEX less than a week ago, had 265 questions, and didn't have a single lab value question.

Specializes in OMFS, Dentistry.
I'm taking the NCLEX at the end of this month and desperately trying to memorize lab values. Unfortunately, it seems that each source has slightly different numbers. For example, my patho book shows normal Na+ range as 135-142, but almost every other source says 135-145. Is there an "official" or "NCLEX-approved" list somewhere?

The values on NCLEX are really abnormal so you will know. =)

Thanks! Some of the practice questions I've had use values that are really tight around the norms, and then are marked wrong if I assume they're in range. Good to know they don't do that on NCLEX. Not good to know that I may not get any questions on it since I'm pretty comfortable with them.

+ Add a Comment