Suny downstate absn 2018-2019

Nursing Students School Programs

Published

Hello Everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone out there applied for the 2018-2019 program at downstate? Hoping we can all loop each other in on the status.

I was interviewed in middle of April and my counselor thought that was not normal! She said they normally don't interview so late in the process. It's great that they called you, it means you have a chance! Honestly I don't understand what they are doing. Classes start in literally 11 days and it seems like they haven't started calling anyone from the alternate list. I guess we just have to wait up until the last day. Good luck on your interview!! Let us know if you find out anything about the alternate list!

Hello everyone,

I just notified the school that I will be attending a different program. Hopefully, this would open up a seat for one of you. Best wishes!

Does anyone have issues signing up for the electives? I'm trying to sign up for the HIV one and it says I need approval, which doesn't make sense because it's an option.

Hi Guys,

Today is the first day of classes at Downstate and unfortunately I wasn't called from the alternate list. I won't be applying for next year since I was accepted to another program. But for those of you that will be applying for next year, I suggest you brush up on your stats. I have noticed that they prefer applicants that have experience in the medical field over those that don't (even if you have great GPA or all A's). I know a few people that applied that have a very good GPA and have all A's in the pre-reqs and they were placed on the alternate list because they don't have any experience. A lot of the students that apply are LPN's, medical assistants, dental assistants, EMT workers or have other jobs which involve patient care (and those applicants are preferred) and by the time they are done accepting those ppl, the seats are filled up already and the rest of use end up on the alternate list. If you don't have any experience, you still have a few months to start before the application process starts. Even if its volunteer work, just get some experience. and if you continue to do the volunteer work or medical related work during the year, just send them proof that you are doing whatever it is so they know and so that they can add it to your application.

Good Luck Everyone in your future career and goals!!

Hello is the accelerated bsn program in the day or evening?

Which program are you attending? You

This program is full time and accelerated and can continue into the evening especially on clinical days. Good luck to you if you are going to apply for the next year!

Definitely want to apply once I receive my bs in psychology. I want to know if it's wveni or day because I work during the day.

It's during the day and they encourage you to quit your job so that you can make nursing school your # one priority. but don't let that stop you from applying. Since you are still in school, make sure you take all your pre-reqs and get good grades. The tuition for the program is very low and because of this reason they have a lot of applicants, it was over 400 applicants this year, out of which only 80 were accepted. so you have to make your application stand out. Good luck to you, I hope you get accepted!!

Hi all, anyone out there applying for 2019 cohort ? Would love to keep in touch on status if so! xx

Hi all, anyone out there applying for 2019 cohort ? Would love to keep in touch on status if so! xx

Hey! I'm in the program right now, we have an open house October 16 from 4-7pm! Feel free to stop by, I'll be speaking along with other students about the program.

I started a thread for the 2019-2020 cohort under the name: SUNY Downstate ABSN 2019-2020

+ Add a Comment