Stony Brook Accelerated BSN class of 2013

U.S.A. New York

Published

Hey all! Just wanted to lend my support to anyone else who is applying to SB next summer! It's a grueling process :-)):yeah:

Another day goes by! I just want to know if I got in already, jeez. Today I got my acceptance letter to Farmingdale! It's exciting to know that I have an option for the fall, but to hold a spot for me there, should I get rejected from Stonybrook, I have to send in my deposit by May 1st. Hopefully we hear back from Stony this week and I won't have to!

Congrats Dollface on getting into Farmingdale!!

Dollface, Congrats! At least you have an option! We should hear this week and if not this week then it HAS to be next week

Thanks so much guys! I have certainly found peace knowing that I have a place to go. I wish the same for everyone here!!!!!!

=) a couple of people that I've heard regarding hearing back said Farmingdale is usually the first to send out decisions and that the others follow suit! So hopefully we will hear within the next few days!!!!

congrats dollface! hopefully we know about SBU soon

Maybe today we will find out?!

No I dont think today is the day :(

Dollface-what are your plans if we don't hear back by next week since you have to have your farmingdale deposit by may 1st?

the later it gets in the day, the more discouraged i get thinking that today is the day! haha. for some reason i feel like when we find out we will find out like 12 noon hahaha.

BioD, the deposit is actually refundable, so I can get the money back should Stonybrook accept me. And in the end, the reason I want to attend Stonybrook (besides the reputation and prestige associated with the school) is that the Stonybrook program is a year shorter than the Farmingdale one. When I took the entrance exam (and I think kmurt was told the same) Farmingdale may be starting an accelerated program, where enrolled students in the ASN program with Bachelor's Degrees can join and get a BSN in 3 years (adding a year on to their current 2 year program). So it would be 3 years a Farmingdale, 2 years at Stonybrook so the cost of an extra year of school would be more than the $100 I could lose if I paid the deposit but changed my mind. So even if I lost the deposit money, I would still be saving money in the long run. =) I'm just so tired of waiting! I want to know what my fate is already!?

Did any one else apply to any programs that they've heard from???

I applied to Suffolks program and I'm still waiting but they told me not until early may so I'm not going crazy looking for it

Which campus did you apply for at Suffolk?

The ammerman day program and ammerman night as a second choline I shoulda done the grant program too tho

+ Add a Comment